"Allergy Season"

is there any thread you don't comment on?

Yes.

Unless you've personally been on every thread to see if I have posted on it?

Which would be quite creepy? Any other posters you are checking out, or just me?

Also posting on a thread I started wouldn't be considered very unusual.

Edited by Romeo

• 3 weeks later...

How were hay fever sufferers (on here) today? I had one of the worst days in my whole 15 years of having this b*****ding curse of a thing. Started to effect me about 1.30pm and just did not let up. Eyes were itchy and bloodshot and my nose was running constantly. Later on I had my first of two nose bleeds such was my constant blowing of the nose and sniffing. And after the first nose bleed my nose became blocked. I think I've probably annoyed a vessel in nose and it's swollen.

I've had 6 strong antihistamines and actually feel doped up as a result. They had no effect on the allergies though. My nose is red raw as is my top lip from the constant friction of wiping.

Horrible fucking day today and seriously hope it's a one off. Heading to bed as I just want the day to be over.

My missus used to have hayfever but it doesn't effect her anymore but she was sneezing and itching her eyes today which makes me wonder if the pollen count was sky high today. Anyone else have a bad day?

I first started getting it when I was 9, had the red eyes and gushy nose for about 2 weeks and thought it was a weird cold.

Fell down a flight of concrete stairs and skelped my head (it was the night of Zidane's wonder strike at Hampden) & had to get taken into hospital. Got the head checked over and everything was sound but they kept me in for this b*****ding hayfever (they had no clue it was that until the next day).

Had it brutal from 9-18 but it seems to have calmed down the past couple of years to the extent of now I don't even take tablets anymore as I haven't felt the need to.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone it's horrible.

Ps f**k you Romeo you attention seeking c**t.

This is away to sound stupid so please forgive me but could you get hayfever when your older ? Felt like I've had the cold for bloody ages , had blood shot eye the other day and pounding headache . Don't really take tablets so just get on we it

Yeah it can kick in at any point. If it's not bad enough to take tablets then don't bother, unfortunately if I don't and it's a bad day in bed ridden.

I first started getting it when I was 9, had the red eyes and gushy nose for about 2 weeks and thought it was a weird cold.

Fell down a flight of concrete stairs and skelped my head (it was the night of Zidane's wonder strike at Hampden) & had to get taken into hospital. Got the head checked over and everything was sound but they kept me in for this b*****ding hayfever (they had no clue it was that until the next day).

Had it brutal from 9-18 but it seems to have calmed down the past couple of years to the extent of now I don't even take tablets anymore as I haven't felt the need to.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone it's horrible.

Ps f**k you Romeo you attention seeking c**t.

Aww didums.

I had one of the worst days in my whole 15 years of having this b*****ding curse of a thing. Started to effect me about 1.30pm and just did not let up. Eyes were itchy and bloodshot and my nose was running constantly. Later on I had my first of two nose bleeds such was my constant blowing of the nose and sniffing. And after the first nose bleed my nose became blocked. I think I've probably annoyed a vessel in nose and it's swollen.

I've had 6 strong antihistamines and actually feel doped up as a result. They had no effect on the allergies though. My nose is red raw as is my top lip from the constant friction of wiping.

Horrible fucking day today and seriously hope it's a one off. Heading to bed as I just want the day to be over.

Sorry to hear this. Have your tried opening the windows and firing the heating on full blast?

How were hay fever sufferers (on here) today? I had one of the worst days in my whole 15 years of having this b*****ding curse of a thing. Started to effect me about 1.30pm and just did not let up. Eyes were itchy and bloodshot and my nose was running constantly. Later on I had my first of two nose bleeds such was my constant blowing of the nose and sniffing. And after the first nose bleed my nose became blocked. I think I've probably annoyed a vessel in nose and it's swollen.

My missus used to have hayfever but it doesn't effect her anymore but she was sneezing and itching her eyes today which makes me wonder if the pollen count was sky high today. Anyone else have a bad day?

I was fine in the pub but when I came outside it struck me.

Is 10mg of Cetirizine Hydrochloride the strongest that can be prescribed?

Surely stronger stuff out there. Cetrizine can be bought from in front of the counter. I take Piriton (Chlorphenamine 4mg) and you have to ask for that from behind the counter so I imagine you'll be able to get something far stronger than what you've taken.

It appears yesterday wasn't a one off :( Terrible again today. One passenger said "Someone had a good night last night" which is actually pretty concerning if folk think I'm hungover. But another woman gave me a packet of hankies :lol:

Horrible fucking thing. Hopefully it doesn't last all day this time.

I've been feeling rotten for about a week, feels as if I have the flu.

If my eyes get really irritated I fill the sink full of cold water and dunk my head in with my eyes open whilst looking around the my eye balls get a good rinse. Feels brilliant, even if its just a bit of relief for a few hours till I need to do it again. You should give that a go.

When i was younger a doctor told me to wash my hair a few times a day and change my clothes regular because the pollen can stick to them, seemed like a lot of hassle!

I've been feeling rotten for about a week, feels as if I have the flu.

If my eyes get really irritated I fill the sink full of cold water and dunk my head in with my eyes open whilst looking around the my eye balls get a good rinse. Feels brilliant, even if its just a bit of relief for a few hours till I need to do it again. You should give that a go.

When i was younger a doctor told me to wash my hair a few times a day and change my clothes regular because the pollen can stick to them, seemed like a lot of hassle!

I genuinely did that yesterday when I was at the bbq :lol: As you say, it's a great relief at the time but it doesn't seem to last sadly.

Yeah that does seem a hassle and if I'm being honest had I not been working today I probably would have been in my bedroom all day. Actually closing my eyes is the most effective relief. Changing bed linen every day is another thing I was told but again it sounds like a lot of hassle.

I've also tried the head in the sink technique. Feels magic until you quickly turn back into the state you were in before.

I did it yesterday after my second nosebleed. The plan was to put my head in the water and blow through my nose to hopefully clear it. As I said earlier, I must have done something to swell the inside of my nose. So bad that I couldn't even blow it under the water. So rather than clear my nose I ended up taking water in resulting in my eyes running even more :lol:*

:lol:ing now. Certainly wasn't last night!

I have hayfeaver, please kill me now.

Most of the tablets available make me drowsy or give me migraines so they are useless.

Sneezing and itchy eyes are a pain but when your throat gets shredded and you end up with a throat infection that spreads to your chest, that is when the fun really begins.

Have you tried eating pickled chillies?

As I understand it hay-fever is caused by oversensitivity to pollen.  Chillies and other spicy things are an irritants as well and as you get use to them you get less sensitive to pollen.

I am not a doctor but it certainly worked for me,

I'm on these, they normally cover me okay. Maw Sanchez seems to be back every year for something stronger, I get the feeling she's on something that could put elephants to sleep.

I seem to be worse off than usual this year. It also seems to have got worse since that recent spell of sunny weather we had, so make of that what you will.