Motherwell

Ross County

Inverness

Dundee

Partick Thistle

Hamilton

Kilmarnock

Rangers

Will anyone be able to challenge Celtic? How will Rangers fare in their first season back in the top league? Who are the main relegation candidates?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Celtic will have the league wrapped up pretty easily unfortunately. Battle between Aberdeen and Hearts for second, maybe The Rangers too if they do better than expected.

Motherwell and St Johnstone to make up the rest of the top six, perhaps one of them getting into the race for Europe.

Bottom half I think Inverness will have a disappointing season, possibly fighting relegation alongside Kilmarnock and Hamilton and maybe Partick Thistle. Dundee and Ross County to make up the numbers at the top of the bottom six.

Final prediction:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

The Rangers

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Ross county

Dundee

Partick Thistle

Hamilton Accies

Kilmarnock

ICT

Them

Sevcodeidcozombienewcothetribureacttherangers, sheep and arts in no particular order.

Motherwell

Inverness

Dundee

St fermers

Killie

Ross county

Hamilton

The whistle

1. Celtic

2. Aberdeen

3. Rangers

4. Hearts

5. Ross County

6. Dundee

7. Motherwell

8. St Johnstone

9. Kilmarnock

10. ICT

11. Partick Thistle (Will beat Hibs 3-1 in the playoff final).

12. Hamilton

Based purely on guesswork and sticking teams in as and when I remember them.

1. Celtic

2. Hearts

3. Aberdeen

4. Rangers

5. St Johnstone

6. Motherwell

7. Inverness

8. Kilmarnock

9. Dundee

10. Ross County (based on the St Mirren post league cup formula)

11. Partick Thistle

12. Hamilton

I actually have a feeling we'll see it tighter at the top than usual. Celtic are the favourites for obvious reasons but I think Rangers will do good business and on top of that, I think Aberdeen and Hearts will also improve. Think all 4 will be tight on top for most of the season but will begin to drop off of Celtic just before the split.

In mid-table, I suspect it'll be St Johnstone, Dundee, Motherwell, Partick Thistle and Ross County very tight and battling for the two remaining spots. All of these teams are generally comfortable from relegation and tight to each other. Just depends if they can pick up a good run of some sort. My instinct says though that Dundee will make it this time round as I think we'll start a lot better with a more balanced team (which has been the problem this season IMO) but that's just probably misplaced fan optimism. Motherwell for the other just because McGhee's record there is outstanding.

At the bottom, I think Inverness will get dragged into it. There has been more talk about Tansey leaving and Storey will be a big loss too. Raven looks off too (although this may change?) and is an experienced squad player and then on top of that, Williams and Vincent have left to Dundee. I'm not stating that these players are necessarily top class players but a new manager there is going to have a very difficult job with a high turnover and Inverness can be a tough place to attract players to. Killie are also about to sign a whole new team and I reckon that Clark's expected approach of signing so many lower league English players will be very difficult to implement. Hamilton are always the favourites for bottom due to their budget.

1. Celtic
  2. Rangers
  3. Hearts
  4. Aberdeen
  5. Dundee
  6. Motherwell
  7. Ross County
  8. St Johnstone
  9. Partick Thistle
  10. Inverness
  11. Killie
  12. Hamilton