Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel sorry for you lot, tbh. You've done right by May by allowing him to walk away for nothing as his career stagnating, and you're probably wanting to conclude further deals once his wage is gone.

I would suspect we're playing a bit of a game of chicken here, given you agreed a permanent deal before and that's we'd prefer we're just telling you to piss off on a loan deal in the hope you back down.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Surely though it could have been sorted like the next day or after his meeting finished though? Like I cant see that May needed an answer within a few hours, its not like it was deadline day. 

I've no idea if true of course but just seems unlikely, presume you think similar? 

Worth remembering he needed to be registered in time to play that night.

I know someone who reminds me of Brown in terms of business, if they came out a meeting and found out someone they're negotiating with was asking for more money at the last minute, theyd simply tell them to f**k off.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I would suspect we're playing a bit of a game of chicken here, given you agreed a permanent deal before and that's we'd prefer we're just telling you to piss off on a loan deal in the hope you back down.

ooft. Don't underestimate the stubbornness of bulletproof.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Google "bulletproof Steve Brown St Johnstone", read the article, and figure out how that'll go. He doesnt seem to understand we're a football club.

He asks in the article why football clubs have so many players because "in business you dont give half your staff the day off but still pay them".

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Google "bulletproof Steve Brown St Johnstone", read the article, and figure out how that'll go. He doesnt seem to understand we're a football club.

He asks in the article why football clubs have so many players because "in business you dont give half your staff the day off but still pay them".

Milne isn't exactly a charitable main either. If he feels we're getting a worse deal because of an issue between Saints and Stevie May then he'll be stubborn too.

Quite sad really, it's in the interest of both clubs and obviously the player to get it done. I suspect it will go to the wire now in any case.

absolute scenes when we agree a deal with Stevie at the fourth attempt only for him to chance his luck and ask for more again once its nearly finalised

Fuckin hell, you lot still banging on about Stevie May? You'll get him at the last minute, he'll score 4 goals all season and you'll wonder what this fuss was all about. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fuckin hell, you lot still banging on about Stevie May? You'll get him at the last minute, he'll score 4 goals all season and you'll wonder what this fuss was all about. 

At this point I would make a lot of fuss if we could sign someone who would guarantee at least 4 goals..

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

4 goals would make him our top scoring league striker last season...

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

4 goals! :o 

Give the man a lifetime contract

How long before we see the Tommy Wright article bigging up Chris Kane, all his attributes and his scoring potential? When we see that article that's when I'll give up all hope of a first choice striker joining the club. 

It’s still really depressing that saints haven’t had a player score 2 or more goals in a league game in over a season now. Last time it actually happened was Tony Watt against QotS if I’m not mistaken and that was after extra time. Dread to think who it was in the league!

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s still really depressing that saints haven’t had a player score 2 or more goals in a league game in over a season now. Last time it actually happened was Tony Watt against QotS if I’m not mistaken and that was after extra time. Dread to think who it was in the league!

I'd guess at Maccas final game.

We've apparently surpassed last season's season ticket sales according to the latest email.

We've apparently surpassed last season's season ticket sales according to the latest email.

The latest email - is the first one I’ve received for years. This new system is wonderful! Or is it just that Stan’s been busy?

I've had more e-mails from Saints in the past week than I've had in the past 3 seasons. Good to see they are making use of their new toys and actively promoting some events/offers/competitions.

Now all they need to do is send an e-mail to May with a decent contract offer. 

The latest email - is the first one I’ve received for years. This new system is wonderful! Or is it just that Stan’s been busy?

Is that Spam Harris ?

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering he needed to be registered in time to play that night.

I know someone who reminds me of Brown in terms of business, if they came out a meeting and found out someone they're negotiating with was asking for more money at the last minute, theyd simply tell them to f**k off.

Surely the whole deal wasn't dependent on him being available and in the squad to play Brechin at home though. 

I'm sure most of us dont have any issue with us turning round and saying f**k off if the story is true that we'd agreed terms and then they tried asking for more after. The issue isnt that, the issue for me is if they then came back and said they were happy with the initial terms, why then do we need to be so stubborn. I know a bit presumptive but that's the impression it gives. 

Possibly mentioned already but you'd imagine off the record consensus on terms would have been achieved prior to a loan request, no?

What would be the point if your last contact had been acrimonious?