Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Or they could just buy him some socks or something.

You really think we will stretch to buying Tommy Wright socks? He's a paid employee - he can buy his own socks.

poor donald duck GIF

29 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

In fact, I’ve got an idea for a video.

I’ve just noticed that today it is Tommy Wright’s birthday. The video begins with Tommy at his desk - exasperated, huffing and puffing over failure to sign May. He says something like “how many times is this going to happen?” as he puts a score through Stevie’s name on his target sheet and puts his head into his hands. Then there’s a knock at the door. It opens and in steps May, in the full St. Johnstone kit, holding a birthday cake and he says “happy birthday, gaffer” to a delighted Tommy.

If anyone from the Saints media team is reading - please make this happen. Thank you.

Imagine the fury when it turns out there's a deduction in the youths wages for a birthday cake though

As pleased as I am about the impending return of May I also agree with Radford to an extent.

Presumably "going the extra mile" meant shifting the goalposts to try and play the hard-nosed negotiator, trying to save money by going for the tin pot loan option then f*cking off on holiday. 

Cease fires between Israel and Palestine have been organised quicker than this and it's not like Aberdeen were being difficult.

30 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

In fact, I’ve got an idea for a video.

I’ve just noticed that today it is Tommy Wright’s birthday. The video begins with Tommy at his desk - exasperated, huffing and puffing over failure to sign May. He says something like “how many times is this going to happen?” as he puts a score through Stevie’s name on his target sheet and puts his head into his hands. Then there’s a knock at the door. It opens and in steps May, in the full St. Johnstone kit, holding a birthday cake and he says “happy birthday, gaffer” to a delighted Tommy.

If anyone from the Saints media team is reading - please make this happen. Thank you.

under_siege042.jpg

Yeah, it was always in the back of my mind that some great transfer news would be announced immediately prior to the Q&A meeting but I hoped that Broon wouldn’t display that kind of audacity. Hopefully the attending fans don’t take it any easier on him.

Having said that, my enthusiasm for the May signing hasn’t been dampened.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

As pleased as I am about the impending return of May I also agree with Radford to an extent.

Presumably "going the extra mile" meant shifting the goalposts to try and play the hard-nosed negotiator, trying to save money by going for the tin pot loan option then f*cking off on holiday. 

Cease fires between Israel and Palestine have been organised quicker than this and it's not like Aberdeen were being difficult.

Mind you, he's saved a couple of months wages. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Mind you, he's saved a couple of months wages. 

This will definitely have played a part IMO. He knows the window is open till next week, he knows May wants to come to Saints and has gambled that no-one else would come in with an offer he couldn't refuse. Say £2k a week is £16k saved right there. Would qualification from the cup have brought that in in revenue? Aye probably. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Club have confirmed Ricky Fosters departure on twitter. 

Aye, just came here to post that.

I can understand where Radford is coming from.  This has been such a long, drawn out saga, played out over the past few weeks, that much of the initial excitement and enthusiasm has gone from this.  May was supposed to make his debut against Brechin on 24th July, and we had been speculating for weeks before that, that he was signing, then he wasn't, then it was back on again, then it wasn't, then we tried and failed for a loan and now, it looks as though it is back on again !!

The cynical side of me says that this has dragged on so that (a) May can collect another full months wage from Aberdeen before securing his release and (b) so that Steve Brown looks good before tonights Q&A.  

This should NOT cover the fact that this summers business has been an absolute shambles.  The striker position was one that was identified long before the end of last season as needing to be addressed, and we should have had this sorted long before now, one way or another.  Brown should not get off lightly at tonights meeting if this signing goes through, as he has made a pigs ear of this saga.

In saying all of that, I am still looking forward to seeing Stevie May back in a Saints shirt !!

Current squad list;

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2022

12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021

48. Max Johnstone (20) -2020

45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021 ­­– on loan at Brechin

Defenders

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

6. Steven Anderson (33) - 2020 

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022

5. Madis Vihmann (23) – 2020 – on loan from Flora

3. Scott Tanser (24) - 2021

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

4. Ross Callachan (25) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

20. Kyle McClean (20) - 2020

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2020  

33. Matty Kennedy (24) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

Forwards

16. David McMillan (30) - 2020

9. Chris Kane (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020 

We suddenly look very light at the back again. Hopefully that's something we can resolve before the window closes... on top of a new striker, a new midfielder and trying to ditch at least 2 and probably 3 others.

42 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Forward

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

We have played him as a forward and have had little return. His so called reputation as a forward was made in the victory against Rangers which earned him a move there. We know how that worked out 

I put MOH in the same category as Kennedy, Wright and Swanson. These three are listed a midfield, I believe MOH should be the same.

2 minutes ago, Templar said:

We have played him as a forward and have had little return. His so called reputation as a forward was made in the victory against Rangers which earned him a move there. We know how that worked out 

I put MOH in the same category as Kennedy, Wright and Swanson. These three are listed a midfield, I believe MOH should be the same.

We've been over this before. He is listed as a forward on the club's website, ergo he's listed as a forward on my squad list.

Don't test me, Templar. I'll use the ban hammer of Radford on y'all ass.