Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Be surprised if there's nothing happening today with the Supporters forum tonight.  

Unless, that is, the Chairman wants to revel in an evening of disharmony with a smug grin on his face, before unveiling a triple signing tomorrow under the headline

"you were saying..?

I really can't get as excited by this potential flurry of transfer activity as others. It was pointed out six weeks ago that the inactivity in the market and subsequent poor start would probably result in them bringing in more players than originally planned. That is a dreadful indictment of a transfer strategy. 

And as for this all happening on the day the chairman meets the fans...

Taking eight weeks to complete a transfer that both sides wanted to happen is no reason for celebration.

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

I really can't get as excited by this potential flurry of transfer activity as others. It was pointed out six weeks ago that the inactivity in the market and subsequent poor start would probably result in them bringing in more players than originally planned. That is a dreadful indictment of a transfer strategy. 

Taking eight weeks to complete a transfer that both sides wanted to happen is no reason for celebration.

Cheer the f**k up will you. 

I'll be the first person to chip in a tenner for the @getradfordhisholefund

Anybody else? Before he turns into Dick van Dyke.

I doubt you have any idea how good/bad he is, as he's never actually played consistently, apart from a spell with United two seasons ago.
Type of player I'd accept as a late loan signing tbh. Feels "Fisher-y", and knows the league, I can't see us improving on that in the final week of the window when a player in that position wasn't planned for.

Nope, I’m quite comfortable in my view of him. Feel free to quote it back to me whenever he does something even vaguely notable other than trying to bam up Neymar.

Come kick-off on Saturday, I imagine I'll be delighted to see Stevie May back in blue but his return should have been such a big deal, rather than this prolonged shambles. I was as excited as anyone when the move was first mooted. 

And I stand by the point about ending up signing more players than if we'd worked harder on our business in June and July. Why shouldn't that issue be raised? 

Now somebody throw @tree house tam a fish. Clap, clap...

1 minute ago, Radford said:

And I stand by the point about ending up signing more players than if we'd worked harder on our business in June and July. Why shouldn't that issue be raised? 

Because Tommy has noticed some players he had faith in aren't up to it? The window isn't shut so Tommy has been well within his rights to use that time to suss out what's needed. If he doesn't sign players then aye, moan like f**k because we will be up shit creek, and the Stevie May stuff has been a drama but it's not ALL Saints fault. Just be glad we're signing someone, we could support killie....  

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Cheer the f**k up will you. 

I'll be the first person to chip in a tenner for the @getradfordhisholefund

Anybody else? Before he turns into Dick van Dyke.

I’ve been a positive ray of sunshine this week, thank you very much

43 minutes ago, Radford said:

Can you not be both?

I'm still frustrated as hell about this Summer, and think I've been fairly clear on that.

Yet I'm excited about May signing and the potential others coming in.

I don't see how they contradict each other?

My disappointment isn't really in the manager. He maybe doesn't look too clever with the assessment of his squad prior to the window opening but he's trying to address this.

What has irked me this morning is the timing of all this, the May signing being sanctioned before this meeting. Maybe I need to throw off these cynical shackles.

And it's not the first time that funds haven't been released until the last minute. Maybe it's all coming across as a moan but it is designed to be constructive and generate discussion. I want us to improve on how we go about this sort of stuff. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can you not be both?

I suppose you think back to how you felt at the first mention of May coming back and how exciting that was. It a should have been a day of celebration. That's what you wanted this day to be. Instead, you are left feeling exhausted and just glad it's all over. 

I will leave you guys with your herring to enjoy the moment. 

I agree with Radford. As excited as I am to see the return of May, I can’t help but feel a bit bitter in the way it’s all turned out. The hype the first time round was fantastic, now it’s very much a case of “get this over and done with” and “is this still going on ffs?”

It shouldn’t have been this way. That said, I’m assuming that will all be forgotten about when he finally does sign. If Saints as a club had decent patter, we would post a picture or video of the unveiling and make some sort of joke over the number of times we tried to sign him and it fell through. Knowing Saints though, they will just post a picture of the player captioned “we are delighted to announce...” and pretend the rest of the stuff didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

If Saints as a club had decent patter, we would post a picture or video of the unveiling and make some sort of joke over the number of times we tried to sign him and it fell through. 

I'm very much on board with this. 

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

I suppose you think back to how you felt at the first mention of May coming back and how exciting that was. It a should have been a day of celebration. That's what you wanted this day to be. Instead, you are left feeling exhausted and just glad it's all over. 

I will leave you guys with your herring to enjoy the moment. 

I dont understand why you're having a go at folk getting excited over May signing, purely because you feel different.

Brown should still get pelters tonight about this farcical Summer, but let folk enjoy their moment pls, it's been a long summer for us.

In fact, I’ve got an idea for a video.

I’ve just noticed that today it is Tommy Wright’s birthday. The video begins with Tommy at his desk - exasperated, huffing and puffing over failure to sign May. He says something like “how many times is this going to happen?” as he puts a score through Stevie’s name on his target sheet and puts his head into his hands. Then there’s a knock at the door. It opens and in steps May, in the full St. Johnstone kit, holding a birthday cake and he says “happy birthday, gaffer” to a delighted Tommy.

If anyone from the Saints media team is reading - please make this happen. Thank you.

I’ve just noticed that today it is Tommy Wright’s birthday. The video begins with Tommy at his desk - exasperated, huffing and puffing over failure to sign May. He says something like “how many times is this going to happen?” as he puts a score through Stevie’s name on his target sheet and puts his head into his hands. Then there’s a knock at the door. It opens and in steps May, in the full St. Johnstone kit, holding a birthday cake and he says “happy birthday, gaffer” to a delighted Tommy.

If anyone from the Saints media team is reading - please make this happen. Thank you.

Or they could just buy him some socks or something.

If it had full Stars in Their Eyes smoke through door and a fan blowing Stevie's hair I would fully support this.