Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It'll be 8 weeks on Friday since this all started. Within 24 hours, folk were saying it's nearly done. Utterly fed up of the whole charade and it's taken the gloss off what should've been a great bit of business by the club.

I was so excited at the thought of him coming back to start with, now I'm quite possibly at the stage where I'd rather he didn't.

And the sea lions will all ignore how shambolic this chase has been.

2 hours ago, Bankfoot Saints said:

If and it’s a big if that they are talking today you would think that any deal with May should be done quickly. 

The longer any negotiations take the more likely in my opinion  that it will break down 

Done quickly? 

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

It'll be 8 weeks on Friday since this all started. Within 24 hours, folk were saying it's nearly done. Utterly fed up of the whole charade and it's taken the gloss off what should've been a great bit of business by the club.

I was so excited at the thought of him coming back to start with, now I'm quite possibly at the stage where I'd rather he didn't.

I can't believe I'm going to have to say this.

Radford's cancelled.

There has been failings by all parties though. Still very exciting if this happens, if it doesn't surely the whole recruitment process has to be revamped.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Clark
Duffy, Kerr, Gordon, Tanser
Wright, McCann, Davidson, MOH
Kennedy
May

Works for me.

I think May will struggle as a front man. Needs to play alongside a striker or behind him. Also Kennedy and MOH have been outstanding on the left and rightrwings in the last 2 games why change it? If they continue their form Wright will have to wait for his chance (a good situation to be in)

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

#AllHailKingSadford #Sadders4Lyf

1 minute ago, Templar said:

I think May will struggle as a front man. Needs to play alongside a striker or behind him. Also Kennedy and MOH have been outstanding on the left and rightrwings in the last 2 games why change it? If they continue their form Wright will have to wait for his chance (a good situation to be in)

Because Drey Wright, if he's like he was last season, is simply too good to be warming the bench. Any selection that leaves him, Matty or O'Halloran out is madness I reckon.

I would like to see

Clarke

Duffy Kerr Gordon Tanser

McCann Holt

Wright MOH Kennedy

May

OR

Clarke

Duffy Kerr Gordon Tanser

Wright McCann Holt/Davisdon Kennedy

MOH May 

Truth is if/when we have May, Holt and Wright in the team we've got a lot of options ... but IMO those options should only really be in play if any one of Wright/MOH/Kennedy aren't available or if there's a very strong tactical reason that Tommy has figured out. 

7 minutes ago, Templar said:

Cancelled. 

I’m not above turning into the Iraqi information minister over all of this. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I’m starting work at half 1, any transfer news before then would be appreciated.

Is your job ironing the names on the back of Saint shirts? Have you had to order in any extra letters this week?

BTW good to see that despite nothing actually happening this thread has the blue 'hot' tag once again. What a summer it's been. 

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Seeing a couple of things on twitter suggesting May could be done soon 

I can’t believe that, after everything that has happened, there are still posters on here putting up this type of drivel. You would think that folk would have learned their lesson and wait until a signing, any signing, has been finalised. Go back through this thread and count how many times “May could be done soon”. I can’t be bothered, but it is probably into double figures.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t believe that, after everything that has happened, there are still posters on here putting up this type of drivel. You would think that folk would have learned their lesson and wait until a signing, any signing, has been finalised. Go back through this thread and count how many times “May could be done soon”. I can’t be bothered, but it is probably into double figures.

Ok, sorry

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It MAY be true this time tho.

john c. mcginley laughing GIF