Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Foster going back to Aberdeen as part of May deal. Bit of fortune falling our way at last with McInnes a fan of him. Remember he was his first signing at Bristol City. 

This can get in the fucking sea.

You’ll enjoy the absolute seethe from our fans if it happens though.

This development could well be the absolute classic win/win for both parties. 

Could we some day soon line up something like ...

Clarke

Wright  Kerr  Gordon Tanser

McCann Holt Davidson

MOH         May       Kennedy

We'd need  options at center and left back (don't think Duffy can cover in the middle of defence), but a pretty strong bench otherwise. Would hardly cost anything but might want to keep Callaghan as we'd be light in the middle. Wotherspoon also able to play centrally. 

RG will fall of his chair hearing this but I'd be  happy with Swanson to stay if this comes to pass, providing cover and maybe bench impact over a few of those positions, with Kane and Hendy also very competent to step in. 

Would be very happy with that squad. 

edit : Really not sure about Drey at RB. Would ideally like him in the front 3 somehow. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Not overly keen on this Wright to full back chat. Screams square ballers in round holes to me. 

Think we’ll probably need to play 2 out of the 3 every week, or have Kennedy in the 10 role for some games. 

I'm 50/50 on the idea. You posted that the same time as my edit.

Kennedy as a 10 seems to be the best solution but resting MOH or Wright just seems .... wrong. 

Clarke

Duffy  Kerr  Gordon Tanser

McCann Davidson

Wright         Kennedy       MOH

May

I like that better. Also means we don't have to sign anyone other than cover, assuming May does go ahead. Holt would be a bonus and give options. 

So effective and cheap. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

26 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm 50/50 on the idea. You posted that the same time as my edit.

Kennedy as a 10 seems to be the best solution but resting MOH or Wright just seems .... wrong. 

Clarke

Duffy  Kerr  Gordon Tanser

McCann Davidson

Wright         Kennedy       MOH

May

I like that better. Also means we don't have to sign anyone other than cover, assuming May does go ahead. Holt would be a bonus and give options. 

So effective and cheap. 

Leave MOH right he looses some of his shine on the left or centre.  He is also is easy top read on the left as he always wants to cut inside. He did have a purple patch on his second spell but has done nothing since.

1 minute ago, Templar said:

Leave MOH right he looses some of his shine on the left or centre.  He is also is easy top read on the left as he always wants to cut inside. He did have a purple patch on his second spell but has done nothing since.

Don't disagree. However even when defenders know he's going to cut inside they still seem to back off him. Some boy. 

But I had the same thought ... just no idea if Wright is viable on the left. 

Drey Wright is a significantly more intelligent footballer than O’Halloran. We’ve never really seen him play elsewhere, but I’ve zero doubts that he’s capable elsewhere on the pitch, which O’Halloran probably isn’t.

Callum Hendry, Ross Callaghan x 2 and John Robertson hat-trick for the reserves today. Brace yourself for cries of them to start on the banter page.

Wotherspoon played 45 minutes too.

11 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Brace yourself for cries of them to start on the banter page.

Went on to see. First post I see is someone delighted Paul Smith is leaving as he forced out FCU.

Second is someone asking where about in Perth the reserves were playing today.