Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I liked Foster as a player and think we'll be weaker without him (pending replacement obvs), but its the right decision if thats true. 

Hes already been disciplined for the club for a lack of professionalism, so to have a go at your manager during training is just bizarre, especially from an experienced player.

I’m going to put this out there, Drey Wright has played right back before at his previous clubs and was constantly getting praised for his defensive discipline....

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I’m going to put this out there, Drey Wright has played right back before at his previous clubs and was constantly getting praised for his defensive discipline....

Imagine being a left back and seeing Wright and O'Halloran lining up against you :lol:

If Foster was an outstanding player, I'd suggest that we should forego our integrity and keep him here. However, he is extremely limited and I won't lose any sleep over this... unless we don't bring in a replacement.

I'm sure that Ricky will see this as an opportunity to move to a bigger club and achieve his international goals.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Aha...that'll explain the above, apparently out of the blue post from a Killie fan in the match thread on Friday.

I think said poster has a connection to Foster - wouldn't necessarily read into it that it means he's coming to us.

This will be like when Barcelona had Messi and Dani Alves in their prime ramaging down the right only obv wright and MOH is an upgrade.

Foster is clearly a c*nt, tried to undermine the manager but done it in front of everyone where he knows nothing bad can actually happen or Tommy can't lose his temper too much because it could undermine him even more.

Fosters a good player but watch him in a game and clearly nothing is ever his fault, loses his man but will bollock someone else for letting a cross come in or anything else he can find.

Solves the problem of how long do we keep him for, get Naismith in and tell him to gtf

I think we're all being a bit harsh on Foster the player. He's a solid 7 most games, two footed and provides good quality delivery from the right. He won't be easy to replace 

Foster the man on the other hand. I've always said he's a twat. From fighting and tantrums on the pitch to screaming at younger players for making small mistakes. I was surprised we made someone like that a Vice Captain. He has a desire to win fair enough but his conduct on the pitch at times is embarrassing.

Edited by Broon_100

I was harsh on his abilities yesterday, but that’s because he is now DEAD to me. In reality, he has been decent enough for us. An experienced footballing brain and reasonably solid defensively. A bit hit and miss when going forward in recent times. Could seem quite laboured on the ball. 6.5/10

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Who knew Ricky foster was a massive c**t eh?

You think its coincidence the same article saying hes "free to leave" also mentions Saints agreeing a deal with Aberdeen for May?