Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I've no idea what to make of us. We ship cheap goals and don't seem to create clear chances for our striker, yet we hammered Hibs in that second half and have come from behind to an incredible degree lately considering the age/experience of the team.

Might just be a season of absolutely winging it, without any predictions of what'll happen, and see where we end up. Genuinely could go either way.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea what to make of us. We ship cheap goals and don't seem to create clear chances for our striker, yet we hammered Hibs in that second half and have come from behind to an incredible degree lately considering the age/experience of the team.

Might just be a season of absolutely winging it, without any predictions of what'll happen, and see where we end up. Genuinely could go either way.

The madness of it is we are just a win away from mid table obscurity 

a win v killie next week would be a massive result 

5 minutes ago, Bankfoot Saints said:

I know we are needing players in but last two games have shown if we can add to what we have we might have a decent season after today’s results a point v livi and coming from behind twice has shown this teams battling quality 

Hope the chairman is enjoying his holiday because hopefully he’s going to be busy next week.

There’s that word hopefully again !!

The problem's that 'coming from behind' bit, we can't keep doing that and we need to get our nose in front. 

Thought Craig was really showing his age today. I reckon if we get Holt on loan that would see us through the season in that defensive mid role. 

Boys were tremendous today, absolutely ragdolled them in that second half. Just that  bit of extra quality missing - sort it out Brown, we need them for next week. Big game for us now.

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

A point your arse, deserved all three. Brilliant performance.

I'm one of those pretentious b*****ds who says that we deserved a point because we scored the same amount of goals as Hibs, but I do agree we looked more threatening than them and our general play was sexier than theirs. 

Hibs fans raving about McCann, and tbf he was impressive. Still makes some errors but that's inexperience, hes easily our best central player in terms of recycling possession IMO.

If he manages to maintain this then the lack of transfer business might turn out as a blessing of sorts.

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Duffy  Kerr  Gordon  Tanser

Davidson  McCann  Holt

O'Halloran                Kennedy

May

When Drey Wright returns, we can give young starlet Ali McCann a rest against the diddy teams and play the iconic 4-2-3-1 instead.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Davidson  McCann  Holt

May

When Drey Wright returns, we can give young starlet Ali McCann a rest against the diddy teams and play the iconic 4-2-3-1 instead.

Nah. 

When Wright comes back we drop Murray and go 4-2-3-1 and start taking a very keen interest in the implications of a no-deal Brexit for European travel in 2020. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Davidson  McCann  Holt

May

It's absolutely fucking incredible that I'm convinced that side would make the top half.

I've watched us be shite for the past six games, yet two decent second half performances, and the idea we might sign Rangers 15th choice CM and a crippled striker has me genuinely excited about Saints.

The f**k is wrong with us?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's absolutely fucking incredible that I'm convinced that side would make the top half.

I've watched us be shite for the past six games, yet two decent second half performances, and the idea we might sign Rangers 15th choice CM and a crippled striker has me genuinely excited about Saints.

The f**k is wrong with us?

There is nothing wrong with us at all. I didn't really rate Wallace Duffy and Ali McCann until today, now I realise that they are STARS IN THE MAKING and will eventually be worth SIX FIGURE FEES if we sign them up on new contracts ASAP.

13 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Davidson  McCann  Holt

May

doctor who party hard GIF

55 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Davidson  McCann  Holt

May

Are suggesting we play Wright centre midfield. I see it as 2 from 3 Wright, O'Halloran and Kennedy (a luxury).. We cannot find a formation that suits all 3. O'Halloran went into the centre today and he became anonymous. he has to play wide right to get the best out of him Kennedy is wide left Tommy has not tried him in the middle. So where do we play Wright?

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby line-up:

Clark

Davidson  McCann  Holt

May

Never rated May as a lone striker. Needs someone alongside him.

7 minutes ago, Templar said:

Are suggesting we play Wright centre midfield. I see it as 2 from 3 Wright, O'Halloran and Kennedy (a luxury).. We cannot find a formation that suits all 3. O'Halloran went into the centre today and he became anonymous. he has to play wide right to get the best out of him Kennedy is wide left Tommy has not tried him in the middle.

Kennedy literally played in the centre for a huge chunk of last season.

8 minutes ago, Templar said:

Are suggesting we play Wright centre midfield. I see it as 2 from 3 Wright, O'Halloran and Kennedy (a luxury).. We cannot find a formation that suits all 3. O'Halloran went into the centre today and he became anonymous. he has to play wide right to get the best out of him Kennedy is wide left Tommy has not tried him in the middle. So where do we play Wright?

With a 4-2-3-1, I'd probably play Mikey on the left, Matty in the centre, and Drey on the right. When you've got so many attacking midfielders/wingers, it's just far too tempting. And even then, Swanson has to settle for a place on the bench.

12 minutes ago, St Innes said:

Never rated May as a lone striker. Needs someone alongside him.

With O'Halloran and Kennedy in more advanced positions, they can help him out as supporting attackers on either side. This is no basic 4-5-1. This is a delicious 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1. May, O'Halloran and Kennedy would sort of act as a Salah-Firmino-Mane-esque triple prong.

Edited by The Real Saints

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kennedy literally played in the centre for a huge chunk of last season.

So why has he not played Kennedy there this season. Tommy has played O'Halloran and Swanson in the centre but not Kennedy. If his plan is to have Kennedy in the centre why has he not played him there? Why did he put MOH in the centre today rather than Kenedy?