Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Then that's even worse. We lost out on Gallagher in January, and didn't identify our second choice until mid-March, then didn't actually sign them until the end of July.

That's not good news.

Maybe, either way, Saints have lost out here.

On your first point, who's to say there wasn't anyone in between? You don't have a fucking clue what goes on behind the scenes, just you keep coming up with your own theories,  then theories that dispel your original theories,  then theories to dispel them and so on....

Your second point, maybe Saints will, maybe they won't, time will tell but what I will say is if Stevie fucking May had did what he agreed to do we would've signed 2 international players in a week and everyone would have been excited,  HE didn't though, that tells me all I need to know about the wee mink from Newburgh. 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Quality 😂

Premature ejaculation.

3 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

sorry but this funny

Funny disagree I do

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

On your first point, who's to say there wasn't anyone in between? You don't have a fucking clue what goes on behind the scenes, just you keep coming up with your own theories,  then theories that dispel your original theories,  then theories to dispel them and so on....

Manchild with your retribution down votes. 

It's a forum, it's for spaffing pish theories. It's not for pretending to be itk but not sharing, or for threatening to batter other folk. 

RandomGuy gets it wrong a lot, thoroughly excusable in one of the few posters who isn't a fake itk mug. 

Twat

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Manchild with your retribution down votes. 

It's a forum, it's for spaffing pish theories. It's not for pretending to be itk but not sharing, or for threatening to batter other folk. 

RandomGuy gets it wrong a lot, thoroughly excusable in one of the few posters who isn't a fake itk mug. 

Twat

:lol:

worked to a T.

RandomGuy does get a lot of things wrong, I much prefer reading his honest pish that shows deep emotion for his club than some of the absolute rubbish that comes from people that think they are ITK. I'd much rather read posts from a guy wearing his heart on his sleeve (And admitting that he knows f**k all) and is just riffing to the news as it comes opposed to that.

Don't get the clamour for a striker to take up all the budget.  A front 3 of O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright is comparable with almost any team outside the top 2 and the much maligned Kane/McMillan/Hendry are more than capable of 10-15 goals between them as cover.  Hendry scored the number of goals as May last season from a third of the appearances!

Would much rather take the May money and buy a half decent passer of the ball in midfield (Someone who can put his foot on the ball and exploit the pace and movement of the front 3).  Unfortunely I dont think Craig, Swanson, Davidson or Maclean(yet) have got that in them.  

4 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Kane/McMillan/Hendry are more than capable of 10-15 goals between them as cover.  Hendry scored the number of goals as May last season from a third of the appearances!

Im sure the three of them managed 6 league goals combined last season.

But St Johnstone are such a well run club. 

No! I've said it numerous times before, St Johnstone are not a well run football club in the slightest. A well run business? Very much so, but certainly not a well run club. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im sure the three of them managed 6 league goals combined last season.

Adding your fabled Stevie May would've taken you up to a nice 9.

We need a striker. Every man and his dug has said Kane should be a 3rd or 4th best striker for a Premiership side, he's our best option at the moment,  that is fucking criminal. We do also need a controlling central midfielder, Tommy has a hard job finding them imo.

MOH, Swanson, Kennedy and Wright are creative players and none of them are finishers. They will chip in with a few goals but not enough. 

15 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Don't get the clamour for a striker to take up all the budget.  A front 3 of O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright is comparable with almost any team outside the top 2...

None of them are an out ball, which at least Kane is to give him his dues. His problem is his profligacy in front of goal.

We need a centre forward, someone that can play with their back to goal or at the very least has the intelligence to take up useful positions in the attacking third.

We have this great threat in attacking midfield but neither the player ahead of them to benefit from it nor the base in the middle of the park from which to give them a platform to play.

Five months searching for a striker suggests that the players the manager would be happy with, the club can't afford, and the players the club can afford, the manager isn't happy with. Someone will have to compromise and unfortunately I know who it will be.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Adding your fabled Stevie May would've taken you up to a nice 9.

Better than nothing, which is what we have. 

In Shaughnessy and Watt we've lost 6 league goals. We only scored 38 in total, and as Radford pointed out, we struggle to win games when we concede.

How folk aren't seeing how fucked we are is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How folk aren't seeing how fucked we are is beyond me.

Everyone does. The window isn't closed yet though, until it does we can all hope it will come good. Everyone at Saints is fighting the same cause,  it might not seem so but they all have Saints best interests at heart, they deserve till at least the end of the window before the wrath surely?

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

RandomGuy does get a lot of things wrong, I much prefer reading his honest pish that shows deep emotion for his club than some of the absolute rubbish that comes from people that think they are ITK. I'd much rather read posts from a guy wearing his heart on his sleeve (And admitting that he knows f**k all) and is just riffing to the news as it comes opposed to that.

Couldn't agree more. The amount of shit RandomGuy gets chucked at him is ridiculous. 

Whatever the ins and outs are don't really matter. The manager wanted May as his first choice target, we had a deal in place which May was willing to agree to (albeit after making a bit of a c**t of himself) and we've tried to undercut him in the same manner as he apparently did to us the first time. I don't think that's a particularly clever way to do business, especially with a popular former player and when it's in the public eye the way it has been.

I'm feeling pretty scunnered with Saints for a variety of reasons but honestly, I actually just laughed when I saw Robert Thomson's story last night. What else is there for it?

I don't really get the hate for RandomGuy, i quite like him.

Steve Brown sounds like he would be the ideal Brexit secretary tbh, his negotiating methods are on point

1) not going out to look for players because hey, we are massive and people will be falling over themselves to do a deal with us

2) It would appear that we've come through much worse so being completely f*cked for years is nothing to the likes of this club

3) between the option of the May deal or no deal - he's elected for no deal

il let myself out