Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Widge said:

By my reckoning Big Zander has saved both penalties he’s faced this season and 3 in a row. When was the last time a saints keeper managed that?

No idea, but I remember big John Balavage saved loads around about the last season at Muirton. Not sure how many consecutively.

Clark has saved three out of last four. Kris Boyd scored one for Killie after the save from Simeon Jackson.

That save was the first by a Saints goalkeeper at McDiarmid in a competitive game since Craig Samson from Pat Keogh in March 2005.

Not bad info that from someone that isn't even a Saints fan. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feels like a right back signing would be unnecessary signing with the squad how it is, but then again, I said that last time we loaned a right back from Celtic, and we know how that turned out.

Went back to the start of thread to try and find my post from then, different times. My strongest eleven had Keith Watson at right back, @Kyle was proclaiming our right wing options as being good enough (Wotherspoon, Thomson and Coulson), @The Real Saints was wanting El Bahktaoui signed, and everyone was dreading Paul Patons arrival.

Oh the shame. 

Seen someone put up a tweet of Tommy sitting in the dugout with about 5 minutes of half time remaining. Never noticed him at the time though, nor have I ever seen it before? 

Does he do it often? :S 

I presume he just put the boot up arse then left them to talk it through together for a few mins. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Seen someone put up a tweet of Tommy sitting in the dugout with about 5 minutes of half time remaining. Never noticed him at the time though, nor have I ever seen it before? 

I presume he just put the boot up arse then left them to talk it through together for a few mins. 

Whatever, it worked. 

I would imagine Tommy Wright in full rage would be a sight to see. Maybe he left before he did something he'd regret. 

First time I've seen him doing that. I'm guessing he had his say and just left them to stew for the remainder of half time as I think it probably becomes counter productive shouting for 15 minutes. 

Certainly made a bit of a statement seeing the manager sitting in the dug out stony faced for 5/10 before the end of half time.

That’s the first time I’ve seen him do that at HT.

Whatever works.

Probably felt he’s saying the same thing repeatedly to them since the start of the season; Don’t give away stupid goals, win the ball back better and be better in possession.

Try something different to get a different reaction.

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was a bit annoyed at the time, as I'd rather he was in there making tactical changes etc, but in retrospect it was maybe the best approach.

For all we know its forced some people to take charge of the dressing room and going forward that could be helpful.

Saints are in a transitional phase at the moment, the second season of it. My issue with loans is they are just a sticking plaster. It doesn't really move us forward much.

Maybe with the hole we are in we need to focus on the short-term though. 

Just as positive as incoming rumours would be any sort of whisper that there is interest in some of the guys the manager wants to move on. That would hopefully move us forward on the former issue in itself. 

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints are in a transitional phase at the moment, the second season of it. My issue with loans is they are just a sticking plaster. It doesn't really move us forward much.

Maybe with the hole we are in we need to focus on the short-term though. 

Just as positive as incoming rumours would be any sort of whisper that there is interest in some of the guys the manager wants to move on. That would hopefully move us forward on the former issue in itself. 

Who in their right mind would want McMillan, Ando or Callachan and pay as much as we are? Not many teams that desperate out there imo.

I could see Ando getting a Championship side, but he'd have to accept a wage drop, which would be a decision at this stage of his career he'd have long thoughts about.

Callachan could likely get a Championship side aswell, or even a Hamilton/St Mirren where he wouldn't be a starter, but again, would have to accept a wage drop.

McMillan is going to have to be paid off, hes been up for sale for 8 months that we know of and literally nobody is interested.

You can't force someone to take a pay-off. If McMillan finds a club, I'm sure Saints will settle him up but there appears little indication of that happening. 

Callachan would surely get a Championship club whilst could an option with Anderson not be a loan to a part-time club so he's still around McDiarmid every day? Makes the use of his experience but he gets a game on a Saturday? 

Big game for us at Hibs in a fortnight, and a pretty good opportunity.

If we win, we'll be above killie, Hibs, Hearts, one of Accies/ Motherwell, probably st Mirren, possibly Aberdeen and Livi as well.  Not bad considering the feeling surrounding our start to the season, and would be quite a boost for morale.

We must avoid conceding early, something we've struggled with.  Their fans already seem poised to turn against heckingbottom with another bad result, especially at Easter road, so I'm all for going there playing to keep it tight and stifle the game and get their fans agitated.

For the next 10 days drill the defence, get Gordon back in alongside Kerr, and get back to being solid and hard to beat like we used to be.  If there's no single team going to be cast adrift at the bottom this season, which could be a real possibility given the way the relegation favourites have all started, then we need to be able to battle and grind out points.

Kennedy and MOH wide, Craig, Davidson and McCann/ Callachan in the middle.  Kane/ Hendry upfront to harass the Hibs defenders.  Unless we get a signing or two in of course..