Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Center half said:

Yes saw him! I recognised the face but could not place a name on him though, however ill stick my kneck  out here and say he was 5ft 6/ 5ft 8. if we are intending playing the long punt up front not what we want .   

Could be a number of players with that description however, not in the know on who he is, but Jason Cumming is 5ft 8 or 1.78 metric.

8 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Could be a number of players with that description however, not in the know on who he is, but Jason Cumming is 5ft 8 or 1.78 metric.

I'd like to think if Center Half saw Cummings, with his shock blonde hair, and massive joker tattoo, he'd have mentioned that instead of his height.

TW completely writing the deal off does seem to usually hint at us trying to sign them, mind you.

Edited by RandomGuy.

If it was anyone other than a complete non-entity, we would have found out his identity by now.
As much as I agree with this, do we generally invite a player, and his family, to a game? His family being there world suggest a younger player, but I could be wrong.
Reminds me of when we signed Scougall. Despite how it turned out, he was a very positive signing.

Now that the dust has settled I can safely say we are a poor team this year emphasis on team. The penny dropped last night when I compared us to Motherwell and Livingston. I watched both games yesterday. Motherwell took the game to Celtic with 3 up front putting pressure on Celtic’s back 4 and at times they panicked and hit long balls. They may have lost 5 goals but they scored 2. Their players gave everything and just run out of gas.

Motherwell and Livingston built from the back string 5,6, and 7 passes together to get up the park. We punt a high ball very rarely did we put together 3 or 4 passes. Are we afraid to play it out from the back and when Clark does give it to one of the back 4, he punts it up the park.

We have being stating all summer all we need is a striker to put the ball in the back of the net. I believe this false hope and a smoke screen to hide just how bad we are. If we get a wonder striker and he scores a goal a game, that will not save us, we are conceding at least 2 goals a game, you do not need to be that good to work out that if we continue to concede 2 goals a game we need to score 3 to win.

Our problem is the team cannot defend and Gordon coming in at centre back is not going to be our saviour. Our defensive frailties have evident since February when we conceded 13 goals that month and another 6 in 3 games in March; 3 goals to Motherwell and 3 goals to Livingston. This defensive problem has continued through our warm up games, league cup games and now into the league.    

Good luck to Tommy and his coaching staff trying to rectify that problem.

11 hours ago, Nold said:

As much as I agree with this, do we generally invite a player, and his family, to a game? His family being there world suggest a younger player, but I could be wrong.
Reminds me of when we signed Scougall. Despite how it turned out, he was a very positive signing.

My first thought was his family meant wife and kids rather then parents.*

*other family variables are available.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

*searches google for "small strikers with kids"*

First answer, "Craig Curran".

*dies inside*

Craig Curran has interest from a Premiership team, hence how he wants out.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Curran has interest from a Premiership team, hence how he wants out.

I was worried when I heard he was asking to be released.

I was even more worried when I heard TW saying he wanted "voices in the dressing room", considering the history Curran has in that respect.

It would be the perfect breaking point for this Summers business if hes the only signing we make. The club is that fucking daft theyd do it and then quote how his experience and work rate will help the other strikers and attacking players.

12 hours ago, Center half said:

Yes saw him! I recognised the face but could not place a name on him though, however ill stick my kneck  out here and say he was 5ft 6/ 5ft 8. if we are intending playing the long punt up front not what we want .   

0_JS173001133.jpg.c515f56f59c4d41645b2acc49d23f302.jpg

*crosses fingers*

Say it's not him. Say its not him. Say its not him. Say its not him. Etc.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was worried when I heard he was asking to be released.

I was even more worried when I heard TW saying he wanted "voices in the dressing room", considering the history Curran has in that respect.

It would be the perfect breaking point for this Summers business if hes the only signing we make. The club is that fucking daft theyd do it and then quote how his experience and work rate will help the other strikers and attacking players.

I'm only joking btw. I'd be absolutely astounded and delighted if you were to take him off our hands though.

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

How times change...

Give me a break with that, it was over 18 months ago 😂

He looked decent enough at County, but his spells in Tayside so far have been a disaster. Hes just a more experienced Kane.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm only joking btw. I'd be absolutely astounded and delighted if you were to take him off our hands though.

I dont think even we're daft enough to do that, tbh. 

But then again we tried to loan a player available on a free transfer, and also agreed to sign exactly the type of person we need to come in, before deciding they weren't worth the offer we'd had on the table for a month the moment they agreed to it, so...