Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Certainly hard to beleive that Wright was told over the phone that the deal for his number one target had collapsed yet didn't ask why. 

He's certainly not known to be a shy man anyway...

He definitely knows why but is unwilling to say.

Thoughts if it was Saints to blame, IE bring tight he would of have a dig at Brown if that was the case? Feel like he would as he's not been scared to in the past. 

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Rumours in My work that May has sacked Vine as his agent over this. If it’s true it would suggest Vine has been the c**t.

I imagine he'd have sacked him three days ago, when the deal collapsed, rather than waiting until now, if he was getting rid of him.

Rumours in My work that May has sacked Vine as his agent over this. If it’s true it would suggest Vine has been the c**t.

If that’s the case, then why not just come back to saints and ask if the deal can still go ahead as planned. May clearly wants to join and saints want him, taking the presuming hurdle out the way should solve it.

Unless the reason to shift goalposts turned out to be bullshit, costing May a good deal at a club where he knows he’ll get the chance to rebuild his career and reputation. 

If everyone is gutted, it doesn’t make sense that the door has been completely closed.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Does he f**k, he would have if that was the case.

This. TW reckons the deal died at 3 on Wednesday. He made a statement about an hour ago still saying it was dead.

If May wanted to join and Vine was the issue, he's had two days to resolve that fairly simple hurdle. Vine isn't a registered agent anyway so shouldn't be demanding a fee as that wouldn't be legal, you can face fines and points deductions for that.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

TW's the kind of guy to say ''the deal is dead'' before walking back into his office where Stevie May is scribbling his signature on a three-year contract.

#ItsNeverOver

Aye  but wee Broon is the type of guy to say f**k you ya wee Newburgh mink, now do one.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

If that’s the case, then why not just come back to saints and ask if the deal can still go ahead as planned. May clearly wants to join and saints want him, taking the presuming hurdle out the way should solve it.

I'd imagine there are some kind of rules built into contracts to stop players doing this otherwise a player could get an agent to negotiate a deal on his behalf and then simply sack him before signing the deal and pocket the agent fee on top of his own signing on fee.

Does seem odd that the club is so keen to say the deal is dead, given how everything was signed and ready until that last hitch. Can a hitch be that insurmountable.? Or does the deal have to be dead - because it's Vine's deal - and there needs to be a gap before any renegotiation?

All idle speculation when I should be away for lunch, but as things stand May's in no-man's land. Unwanted by Aberdeen and without a club. I still can't accept that any provincial club in Scotland will outbid us for him.

Edited by Mr Heliums

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'd imagine there are some kind of rules built into contracts to stop players doing this otherwise a player could get an agent to negotiate a deal on his behalf and then simply sack him before signing the deal and pocket the agent fee on top of his own signing on fee.

Probably easier to do when the agent isn't an agent. 

The Agents/Intermediary list is interesting, btw. Foster, Wotherspoon and Wright are all apparently dealt with by Allan Preston. Alston and Tanser share an agent. Shaughnessys is confirmed as his dad.

Saturday will be good chance to see what Vihmann has to offer. The Norwegian season is well under way so he will not need a pre-season. 

Subject to international clearance, whatever that means