Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I've not seen what he's saying but if he was coming back in the morning, why didn't he just come back in the morning to do it? Can't see that mean the whe deal would collapse? 

It's a lot of shite. The deals dead because May and Vine got greedy, it's that simple.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Batten down the hatches bois. 

Edit: false alarm. Just that diddy from Motherwell.

Excuse me, "that diddy" scored 6 more goals in 4 less games than Stevie fucking May last season, thank you very much. 

I know you're one of the few Saintees who've not been shooting their load at the thought of him re-signing, but the point stands. 

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I know you're one of the few Saintees who've not been shooting their load at the thought of him re-signing, but the point stands. 

If only you knew...

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Excuse me, "that diddy" scored 6 more goals in 4 less games than Stevie fucking May last season, thank you very much. 

And by the end of the day you will have him that scored 6 less goals in 4 more games, a good strike force for the Championship (meant as a compliment)

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dang, it really was close, that must really suck. And it definitely isn't funny.

Honestly, I'm gutted, but its easier to take with the knowledge its only collapsed because he tried to force more money out the club and they refused to budge. Its not as if we've not bothered to try.

Just now, Templar said:

Danny will wear number 18 for the club #thedee I wonder why he never took #17 :) 

They'll announce him before the weekend, maybe even before today ends.

Using Vine to advise him was a huge mistake.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I dunno what'd be funnier; if we sign May and Perth erupts into rage, or if we rescind our deal and leave May and Vine dead in the water.

Second option would be hilarious, tbh. The majority of Saints fans seem to be turning on May as its slowly revealed why the deal broke down.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

🙈

Maybe wishful thinking, I just want this shite over.

If hes been offered the deal he has, and has rejected it because he wants more, I'd happily, happily, see us target another striker and extend Clark/Kennedy contracts with the excess money rather than increase the offer to May.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, steviemay17 said:

So of all the teams linked he's burned his bridges to Perth, Dundee have their man, Ross County got Lee Erwin, Dundee Utd never seemed serious.

so St Mirren or Killie it is? 

He apparently only has an offer on the table from Dundee.

Dundee have 3 first team strikers as it.

Absolute NAP in six months hes sitting on their bench in the Championship.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He apparently only has an offer on the table from Dundee.

Dundee have 3 first team strikers as it.

Absolute NAP in six months hes sitting on their bench in the Championship.

Is Rowan Vine also Joe Shaughnessy's Dad?

So of all the teams linked he's burned his bridges to Perth, Dundee have their man, Ross County got Lee Erwin, Dundee Utd never seemed serious.
so St Mirren or Killie it is? 

He’d be restricted with Killie have an Astro pitch wouldn’t he?

Seems Vines been attempting to play everyone off for more money and it’s potentially backfired.

If Dundee are the only club still with an offer on the table for him, and he comes crawling back who’s to say they won’t offer him less knowing that there isn’t any competition?