Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, deej said:

Fantastic, we have negotiated the release of his contract (Not May or Vine funnily enough) and he signs for Dundee, thus we have single handedly saved Dundee a transfer fee. 

Nonsense (and barely readable). 

Any release would have been contingent on the signing with Saints. Otherwise they're just making him a free agent. 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Disagree. 

In any other employment situation, if you agree a deal in principle and pass the medical and then at the last minute turn around and demand a higher salary, you can GTF. You negotiate before a contract's drawn up. 

In my book that would be acting in bad faith. No idea if that's what happened here but if it did then I would not blame Brown. 

Agent will be wanting his fee now, SB standard answer "Go and get Fucked no fee from us", agent "deal is dead then", Player has nothing to do with it.  

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh wow you were serious?

I have my naive moments... long story but once managed to be lured into sending an email around the entire office asking if anyone had received a call from a " mr Mabozza Ritchie" so it would'nt take an elaborate wind up to reel me in...

35 minutes ago, Center half said:

Agent will be wanting his fee now, SB standard answer "Go and get Fucked no fee from us", agent "deal is dead then", Player has nothing to do with it.  

Wasn't suggesting it was a player issue. Also though, that sort of stuff gets sorted pre-contract. Both agent and club would be aware of each other's standard terms such as the source of funding of fees. In fact that must be a very very common part of settling a contract like this. It won't be a '5 minutes to midnight' type issue. 

If you try to re-negotiate a contract after it's been drawn up, it's generally regarded as being in bad faith unless there's been a material change in circumstances (e.g. a medical throws something up).

Who knows WFT happened. To me, the most likely is something we don't know about that would be 'new information'. Another club making an offer might be that but it would be shoddy on their part, not ours. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
shitty punctuation

Odd if he's not going to come. Would any other team give him a better chance of resurrecting his career (all the goodwill here, a return to a successful environment). And would any club pay much more to attract him? If anyone is going to pay over the odds to get the 2019 Stevie May, it’s probably Saints. 

So if we've pulled out, I'm sure it's for a good reason. It’s telling, though, that we'd put everything on a player who's struggled to string together a decent 90 minutes over the last five years, rather than trust ourselves with anyone else. Our track record shows exactly why.

Sorry, is Rowan Vine impersonating as a football agent nowadays? M9.png.5d32c3755b75af1a3b695565ba6bd57d.png

Yup.

At what point do you look at him and go “yup, that’s the man I want to negotiate on my behalf.”

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Wasn't suggesting it was a player issue. Also though, that sort of stuff gets sorted pre-contract. Both agent and club would be aware of each other's standard terms such as the source of funding of fees. In fact that must be a very very common part of settling a contract like this. It won't be a '5 minutes to midnight' type issue. 

If you try to re-negotiate a contract after it's been drawn up, it's generally regarded as being in bad faith unless there's been a material change in circumstances (e.g. a medical throws something up).

Who knows WFT happened to me, the most likely is something we don't know about that would be 'new information'. Another club making an offer might be that but it would be shoddy on their part, not ours. 

Agree however I do not know what type of agent Vine is to be honest (Registered, a go between agents? etc etc) SB has history of this in the past.  

The Kojak guy on WAP is reliable seemingly.

Rumour posted by Templar Saints over there that...

• May agreed deal to make him our highest ever earner
  • All photos/videos done and paperwork filed to change squad numbers
  • May to come in on Wednesday to sign deal, but contacts club to tell them hes had a higher offer and they've to match it
  • Club refuse

...has been confirmed by him.

Silly laddie.

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

Agree however I do not know what type of agent Vine is to be honest (Registered, a go between agents? etc etc) SB has history of this in the past.  

Steven Brown must have a lot of time on his hands if he spends his time repeatedly negotiating contracts then backing out at the last second over stuff that should be sorted before a contract gets drafted. 

Doesn't strike me as the type to fanny about playground playing games. Then again, I don't know any of the folk involved, just going by what I've read, seen and heard about him.

And agree, what the f**k is Vine's role in this, and why would May get involved with him. Football is weird. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Kojak guy on WAP is reliable seemingly.

Rumour posted by Templar Saints over there that...

• May agreed deal to make him our highest ever earner
  • All photos/videos done and paperwork filed to change squad numbers
  • May to come in on Wednesday to sign deal, but contacts club to tell them hes had a higher offer and they've to match it
  • Club refuse

...has been confirmed by him.

Silly laddie.

If that is indeed true, then that would be a credible explanation and the club have done the right thing.