Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I thought he was very good yesterday. 
Maybe an unpopular opinion but if you watch Swanson off the ball he works really really hard, always tracking back. What I think fans find difficult with him is when he has the ball he slows it up and looks a little pedestrian with it. What he's doing though is trying to draw defenders in so he can skip away and get past them.  He doesn't have blinding pace where he can beat someone in a foot race for the ball so he's always looking to try and get a half yard but he needs the defender close to him for that. He plays with his head up and is always looking for a forward pass. The problem for Swanson is that if there are no runners and he slows down and gets tackled it looks like he's not trying/not fit/cumbersome/lazy. He's also one of those players who needs to play every week to keep 100% sharp - there are a few out there like that.
I've got faith with a run of games we will see the real Danny Swanson - a goal will do him the world of good.

Totally agree. First half last night Danny kept trying things but they just weren’t quite working for him, but throughout he kept battling and never hid. Second half he improved and his work rate remained high. I thought he looked fitter than on Sunday and once it starts to click with him, Kennedy and MOH then we will create a lot of chances. Would pay money to watch Danny controlling it out of the air over and over - beautiful.

I am not convinced by Kyle in CM, he has a nice touch but even with ridiculous amounts of time last night he misplaced some simple passes. Worth sticking with but I wouldn’t be comfortable, at the moment, with him starting too many games.

Felt a bit sorry for Brechin last night. Three outfield subs with the manager being one of them, two injuries in second half and players blowing out their arse with 20 minutes to go.

Been told to trust this guy...

Untitled.png.390a7fd0a4b4018d8d5ccefe4c72b9a3.png

... deals dead, IMO, as his heads been turned by more money elsewhere. 

This site will be unbearable for the next month for me 😂

Just now, The Woolshed said:

Are any of the three signings imminent or going to happen?

Estonian CB seems to be most clear cut one.

May deal now in major doubt, and Cummings was in Nottingham when the rumours he was at McDiarmid started.

I sent my good source Tam Scobbie a message to ask if he’s heard anything. He doesn’t have a clue about Stevie May, but revealed that he himself will be returning to the club next week. Scott Tanser apparently very unhappy about a club hero returning in his position.

25 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I am not convinced by Kyle in CM, he has a nice touch but even with ridiculous amounts of time last night he misplaced some simple passes. Worth sticking with but I wouldn’t be comfortable, at the moment, with him starting too many games.

I thought he did ok. He probably had more touches of the ball than anyone and was always the link man, moving the ball around simply. I also thought he tackled well when not in position and showed decent feet at times. You are right though when he tried to do something more adventurous with the ball he often misplaced his pass despite having a lot of time. Ill be honest and say in the limited amount if time I've seen him and McCann there is something I like a bit more about McCann. Little bit more dig/urgency about his game. 

This site will be unbearable for the next month for me [emoji23]

This is top trolling from stevie.

Still predict he’ll get 15 goals this season...for our under 20’s.

The amount of shit Swanson gets is unreal. I thought he was excellent last night and started picking Brechin apart when they started to tire. If he was as unfit as he's made out to be by some, he'd either have a passenger at that stage or been hooked instead of O'Halloran.

He's been a bit up and down this pre-season but I've definitely seen signs that he's getting close to his best again. He's a player who gets better after a run of games and I think we've seen the benefit of that this pre-season.

With regards to May, all this 'minor issues' stuff reads like the Iraqi information minister telling us that the Americans haven't taken the airport in Baghdad. Even without being in the know, the signs aren't good IMO.

This site will be unbearable for the next month for me [emoji23]

Your changes of heart seem to come at the strangest times. Firstly, you became convinced we wouldn’t sign him based on Steve Brown’s statement which I think was intended to have pretty much the direct opposite effect. There’s nothing in that post you’ve just quoted which suggests the deal’s dead. If anything, I feel fairly positive after reading it. Just a few minor things to sort.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Your changes of heart seem to come at the strangest times. Firstly, you became convinced we wouldn’t sign him based on Steve Brown’s statement which I think was intended to have pretty much the direct opposite effect. There’s nothing in that post you’ve just quoted which suggests the deal’s dead. If anything, I feel fairly positive after reading it. Just a few minor things to sort.

I'm a very reactive, naive, person, tbh.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I still don’t get this myth that Davidson is injury prone. I’m sure someone will have the stats but I’d be inclined to say he’s been available for 90% of our games the last few seasons and given his style it’s no wonder he sometimes misses the odd one.

Quick look suggests hes missed around 18 games over the past two seasons, when we played about 90. About 5/6 of those missed games were due to suspension.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Meh. It will happen.
Lang toon was saying he signed weeks ago. Like Drey, these things can take time.

Number of shirt is he going to be wearing ?

Who the next future star for St.J ?

😁 The deal was agreed last week

But the devil's in the detail

Speaking to a Dundee fan at work and we’re both as confused as each other, he thinks he’s coming to us, I think he’s going to them.

One thing we both agree on is that we wouldn’t be surprised if a third club was involved somewhere.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Speaking to a Dundee fan at work and we’re both as confused as each other, he thinks he’s coming to us, I think he’s going to them.

One thing we both agree on is that we wouldn’t be surprised if a third club was involved somewhere.

Kilmarnock were linked aswell a few days ago.