Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I never saw Baltacha play for Saints, but I get the impression he was, in terms of ability, the best. Dasovic seemed more like a cult hero who arrived in a high spot for the club. Thats maybe doing him a disservice.

Two absolute class players who also were superb with the fans of the pitch

In Sergei's first season my best mate and I joked we would first foot Sergei as he stayed around 500m from me on the western edge at the time. It comes to the 1st January and just after midnight we decide to do it, not knowing if he would even be up we knocked on his door to be greeted with "I was told about this but no one has come yet, welcome to my home" as he welcomed in 2 random young fans. We chatted for about an hour and he then gave us a bottle of Ukrainian champagne which we took home and drank. I still have the bottle to this day.

In 2005 I led a Boys' Brigade group to a camp in BC Canada. We were in Vancouver for 5 days before the camp and went to a Whitecaps game. Nick Dasovic spotted our flag in the cool down and asked us all to stay behind . after he had changed he then came out and chatted in the stand and then gave me his home number as he wanted to invite us all to his house on the day we returned from the camp. Unfortunately this did not happen as they had a schedule change but when I called his wife had a message for us to apologise.

The perfect final in my eyes.

Never in doubt. 

f**k knows how we fit everyone in, realistically we'll only be playing 4 attacking players on the pitch at the same time. 

Pick four out of May, Cummings, Kane, Kennedy, Swanson, O'Halloran, Wotherspoon and Wright 😂

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

And who said being a Saints fan wasn't exciting!!! 

He comes across as a bit of an idiot but Watt had a bad reputation prior to joining us and that certainly wasn't the case on the park so hopefully he'd be a good addition as well. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

And who said being a Saints fan wasn't exciting!!! 

He comes across as a bit of an idiot but Watt had a bad reputation prior to joining us and that certainly wasn't the case on the park so hopefully he'd be a good addition as well. 

Hes a monumental, throbbing, c**t..

nintchdbpict000365209370.jpg

... but I can't help but feel we'd absolutely fucking love him.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pick four out of May, Cummings, Kane, Kennedy, Swanson, O'Halloran, Wotherspoon and Wright 

I think Kane Swanson and Wotherspoon will find it difficult to compete for 1 of the 4 attacking positions

I suggest Pick 4 from May, Cummings, Kennedy, O'Halloran and Wright

Only melts play defenders who aren't Scott Tanser, Jason Kerr or Madis Vihmann

Clark

Kerr Vihmann Tanser

Davidson 

Wright Swanson Kennedy

O'Halloran May Cummings

IMO

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, Templar said:

I think Kane Swanson and Wotherspoon will find it difficult to compete for 1 of the 4 attacking positions

I suggest Pick 4 from May, Cummings, Kennedy, O'Halloran and Wright

Very true.

Surely this suggest we've finally got McMillan out the door?

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Only melts play defenders who aren't Scott Tanser, Jason Kerr or Madis Vihmann

Clark

Kerr Vihmann Tanser

Davidson 

Wright Swanson Kennedy

O'Halloran May Cummings

IMO

When Barca first played 3-4-3, everyone mocked them, saying they'd concede hundreds with only 3 at the back.

They dominated World football as nobody could get up the park out of fear of their front three.

This is our version. #MesQueUnClub

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a monumental, throbbing, c**t..

nintchdbpict000365209370.jpg

... but I can't help but feel we'd absolutely fucking love him.

Yeah to be honest I think I was to polite. Your statement is probably more accurate than "a bit of an idiot" like i put it. 

He's a bellend but our team probably needs a bit of that. 

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

wait until Stevie May doesnt sign and this actually turns out to be Graham Cummins...

Zippy is doing quite well since he left! Do we have some kind of curse on our strikers?

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yeah to be honest I think I was to polite. Your statement is probably more accurate than "a bit of an idiot" like i put it. 

Zippy is doing quite well since he left! Do we have some kind of curse on our strikers?

McMillan did well in Ireland before he came here see a pattern ?

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Aye, just said that on the Hibs thread. A striker who spends 90 minutes winding up defenders isn't a bad thing. Kane is a bit too nice, whereas you'd expect Cummings to nutmeg someone then spend the next half hour chasing him around mocking him for getting done.

Him and May up top sounds like a fucking nightmare for defenders to deal with, especially if we could get two of Kennedy/MOH/Wright on either side of them

Cummings is the type of player who treats every match as if it's a kickabout with his pals in the park. He's unpredictable and certainly a big personality, but there's no doubt that he has plenty of raw talent. A strikeforce of May and Cummings would guarantee a title challenge. 

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

:wtfmore:

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Cummings is the type of player who treats every match as if it's a kickabout with his pals in the park. He's unpredictable and certainly a big personality, but there's no doubt that he has plenty of raw talent. A strikeforce of May and Cummings would guarantee a title challenge. 

Wow title challenge. I do not think so Celtic and Rangers will fight it out this season. Top 6 challenge more realistic