Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just outstanding all round

ando unable to mark/close down because even a hint of movement and he's left for dead - and extra points for that hoofed clearance into the stand even though we were in possesion

Swanson missing an open goal and then trying to turn back when one on one

That Kane chance when through on the keeper was something to behold

MOH missing the open goal, and being put wide left so he can cut inside and run into a cul-de-sac every time

Hendry's first touch is something else

What even is the point of David McMillan

the absolute lack of care with the ball when shooting or in the final third is horrendous, it's like it's now expected we will miss the target or turn the ball over so no one even bats an eye when it happens anymore

tommy wright spending the entire second half slumped in his seat or kicking water bottles about

The only positive to come from this is if we make some signings

Pish.

It’s always a worry when I see you talking the most sense on here Tam, it really is.

Nothing worth panicking about, all that game has done is shown exactly what was needed even more and Brown isn’t stupid he’ll know that.

Just outstanding all round
ando unable to mark/close down because even a hint of movement and he's left for dead - and extra points for that hoofed clearance into the stand even though we were in possesion
Swanson missing an open goal and then trying to turn back when one on one
That Kane chance when through on the keeper was something to behold
MOH missing the open goal, and being put wide left so he can cut inside and run into a cul-de-sac every time
Hendry's first touch is something else
What even is the point of David McMillan
the absolute lack of care with the ball when shooting or in the final third is horrendous, it's like it's now expected we will miss the target or turn the ball over so no one even bats an eye when it happens anymore
tommy wright spending the entire second half slumped in his seat or kicking water bottles about
The only positive to come from this is if we make some signings

McMillan is utterly pointless. Confidence in our top three strikers starts poorly, tails off in the middle and the less said about McMillan the better

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Lads on another day we would have been 3 nil up and cruising,  we are 2 decent players away from a good side, we will get those 2 players, I guarantee it.

Its not as if this is the first game this squad has missed chances/conceded soft goal/lost.

Its more than just bad luck etc.

On a sadder not, it looked like Ando knows hes finished at this level. His body language whenever he lost a header or got caught out of position was of a defeated man, not something I've seen from him before.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On a sadder not, it looked like Ando knows hes finished at this level. His body language whenever he lost a header or got caught out of position was of a defeated man, not something I've seen from him before.

My missus, who’s not been to Mcdiarmid since 2014 made the remark he looked out of his depth.

If we didn’t need him for cover, I feel it would be a good idea to suggest he leaves and put his wage towards another CH.

Should have been out of sight in the first 30 minutes and thought we were looking good. Our central defence let us down badly, unfortunately Ando looks to be done at this level but Kerr has been very poor the last two games. His passing is off and it is so easy to run off him - not sure the captaincy is helping him.

On the positive side, MOH was better than on Tuesday and at least we created chances. Kane had no idea what to do when clean through, absymal effort and he has to do better.

County are solid but I am still confident we will be above them and a few other sides at the end of the season. A couple of signings this week and we will be ok.

51 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Swanson missing an open goal and then trying to turn back when one on on

That one on one is grounds for dismissal in itself, one of the worst things I have ever seen...clean through by some way, second touch takes you free v the keeper......na on gonna turn round and fall over (it may be a foul but that's not really the point)

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

That one on one is grounds for dismissal in itself, one of the worst things I have ever seen...clean through by some way, second touch takes you free v the keeper......na on gonna turn round and fall over (it may be a foul but that's not really the point)

The fact folk applauded him off the park just seconds after he cost us our place in the competition really annoyed me.

No doubt that'll be classed as harsh/unfair on him, as he done a lot of running about and completed a few passes.