Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

That's my understanding too. At least for the the first season (or maybe less) there will be a manual operator. 
Sounds daft but it makes perfect sense as it's a brand new system, it will need to be properly tested and any issues ironed out. 
Pretty sure that once the system has been through real life testing for long enough then it can go fully automatic. 
Have we signed anyone yet?
Turnstiles still the same. Turnstile operators will scan cards/phones tickets with hand held scanner then press button in turnstiles to permit entry.
Will be one cash gate per stand to start with but eventually these will go.
Won't be cost effective to replace 22 turnstiles to allow manual entry. Believe that cost would significant.

17 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Turnstiles still the same. Turnstile operators will scan cards/phones tickets with hand held scanner then press button in turnstiles to permit entry.
Will be one cash gate per stand to start with but eventually these will go.
Won't be cost effective to replace 22 turnstiles to allow manual entry. Believe that cost would significant.

Any idea what sort of timescale there is in getting rid of the cash gates?

5 hours ago, Broon_100 said:

Seems nuts otherwise to close 3/4 of the stadium for a do or die game against a fellow premier league team thats included in the season tickets. Even give the fact that everyone can see the game far enough thanks to some sparkling PR from the management team I'd still expect 2,500 minimum at the game. Unless they hope to fill the main stand and film it from the East so the stadium looks packed?  

Would prefer to have had normal seat in East, but Main Stand holds around 3500 I think, so should be more than big enough.  Whilst I hope you're right in your 2500+ crowd prediction, I think we'll be lucky to get 2000.

Would prefer to have had normal seat in East, but Main Stand holds around 3500 I think, so should be more than big enough.  Whilst I hope you're right in your 2500+ crowd prediction, I think we'll be lucky to get 2000.

Yeah just over 3500 for the main stand capacity. More than adequate for both games

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

No idea but imagine a good few months to allow everyone to adjust to the changes.

Cheers, buying a season ticket will end up being easier for me than trying to pre-cut tickets, I reckon, I'm dense as f**k at remembering these things.

Given our track record of online and IT related things, getting rid of cash gates seems 'a bold move'

If I did not have a season ticket and was picking games (which even with a season ticket I find myself doing more and more) I think having to go on line book, to receive an e ticket or have to print one out may prove a barrier, rather than rocking up.

Also if you are booking a seat online you maybe expect that seat, how is it reserved for you to stop the cash entries taking it

Given our track record of online and IT related things, getting rid of cash gates seems 'a bold move'
If I did not have a season ticket and was picking games (which even with a season ticket I find myself doing more and more) I think having to go on line book, to receive an e ticket or have to print one out may prove a barrier, rather than rocking up.
Also if you are booking a seat online you maybe expect that seat, how is it reserved for you to stop the cash entries taking it
Id imagine anyone would still be able to rock up to the ticket office on march day and buy a ticket there.
Cannot see that being an issue.

3 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

You dont have to print a ticket, they send you an email and you just use that to scan through. You'll have to print it off if you're obscenely old and dont have a smart phone though.

I'm not sure it gives you the chance to "buy a seat", you're only buying a ticket. 

33 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's what we do.

I'll be honest, the main reason I buy a ST, and a replica strip every year for the boy, and all the other pish, is it helps club cashflow. I'm fully aware that I don't really save any money and that I'd probably be better off as a pay at the gate punter but I feel like I'm doing my bit even if it's immaterial to the overall club finances. 

Anyway, hopefully this new system makes it easier for some non-ST fans to buy a ticket ahead of time and go to a game. 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'll be honest, the main reason I buy a ST, and a replica strip every year for the boy, and all the other pish, is it helps club cashflow. I'm fully aware that I don't really save any money and that I'd probably be better off as a pay at the gate punter but I feel like I'm doing my bit even if it's immaterial to the overall club finances. 

Anyway, hopefully this new system makes it easier for some non-ST fans to buy a ticket ahead of time and go to a game. 

I just meant Aberdeen have a ticket office that is open until kick off on match day to buy a ticket. I have a season ticket.