Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

He doesn't look remotely fit to me, and  hasn't since he came back to the club. Once again he was walking when he should have been running, beaten to just about every ball. There was a telling moment about 10 minutes into the second half when he was caught asleep, and needed a half step to recover. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. 
I'm going to be harsh here but be reminds me of like those guys that you see at 5's that used to play to a decent level and have a good touch, so they just hang around the middle of the pitch and amuse themselves with flicks now and again. 
I cannot understand why he still has a Saints shirt.  I've been praying to be proved wrong for months.

If any MLS side is serious about him, we should take the bids.

The guy is finished.*

*bookmarked for when he proves me wrong.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sympathies. These sly competitive games masquerading as friendlies when many clubs haven't got squads together can get in the sea.

I give the format a couple more years, tops.

Also got pumped by a diddy team ^^

We were "near-enough full strength" last night according to the BBC Sport summary of the game:

Montrose, thumped 4-1 by County in Dingwall on Saturday, were only able to field five of the permitted seven substitutes and must have feared the worst against a top-flight side at near-enough full strength.

However, manager Stewart Petrie would have reminded his players that they only lost 1-0 at home to St Johnstone in last season's group stage and counterpart Tommy Wright had warned his side they faced another stiff test.

So it turned out in a tight affair in which the Perth side had most of the pressure but the hosts found the only goal, veteran midfielder Terry Masson with the clinical finish after 72 minutes.

12 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Do what the Dundee lad did, rolling bet, see how long it lasts, if it lasts 3 months then put it all on relegation. 

He must have made a fortune them Tam, or did he do the Dundee thing and cash in early?  

Cant beat the irony that some fans want Stevie May back because they're convinced Tommy Wright gets the best out of former favourites who have flopped elsewhere. It's like Danny Swanson hasn't been here for the past 10 months.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

May has travelled to Lapland with the team today so he won't be going anywhere until Saturday at the earliest.

I had a look at the pictures posted on the Aberdeen twitter page and didn't spot him. Buys Brown a few more days to rummage around in the sofa.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Cant beat the irony that some fans want Stevie May back because they're convinced Tommy Wright gets the best out of former favourites who have flopped elsewhere. It's like Danny Swanson hasn't been here for the past 10 months.

Danny last night was kept at bay from Paddy Cregg, Now Paddy is great guy stays in Perthshire and during the week when you see Paddy walking about it is a real effort due to his previous injuries, on any day/evening of the week I would fancy myself against Paddy in a kick about at the local park 

Yet last night Danny could not get the better of Paddy ! 

absolute shocking display  I blame the pitch surface though🤥

As much as you want Scottish teams doing well in Europe, does killie and Aberdeen progressing in Europe, with eventual qualification for the group stages worth £2-3m, really do us any favours?  If May is our main forward target, then don't we want Aberdeen papped out so that they have to cut their cloth accordingly?

Heard a rumour at the weekend that May wants to come to Saints, but it's his current manager who is not keen for him to come here. Possibly shite. 

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

As much as you want Scottish teams doing well in Europe, does killie and Aberdeen progressing in Europe, with eventual qualification for the group stages worth £2-3m, really do us any favours?  If May is our main forward target, then don't we want Aberdeen papped out so that they have to cut their cloth accordingly?

Heard a rumour at the weekend that May wants to come to Saints, but it's his current manager who is not keen for him to come here. Possibly shite. 

It's how I feel about Celtic or Rangers doing well but on a lower scale. Great, we get £500k if Celtic get to the groups. They're getting £25m or whatever it is though.

We won’t be budgeting on qualifying for Europe as it’s so unlikely that we’d need to cut our cloth accordingly. I think we’d like may off the books in any case even partially.

According to Tommy when asked about players available for Sunday in after match interview,

"hopefully Ando and Liam (Craig) will be fully fit... David Wotherspoon rolled his ankle in training yesterday so he's one that's missing, he could make it, Kano should make it, Zander will be fit, so we will have one or two back.

And really, anybody thats left out from tonight can't have any complaints, as even with so many players injured, we should have been good enough to come here and get a win".

No mention of others, e.g. Kennedy,  but don't think it was a definitive list, he just seemed to be answering off the top of his head.  There was also a few strong challenges tonight, so we'll have to see what the next few days bring.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Wouldn't be the first time.

If it's a permanent deal I can understand why he wouldn't want him to come here. If it's a loan, he can't play against Aberdeen but can against Aberdeen's main rivals. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's how I feel about Celtic or Rangers doing well but on a lower scale. Great, we get £500k if Celtic get to the groups. They're getting £25m or whatever it is though.

Agree. When Celtic fans get upset that I like it when they get knocked out, after they've exhausted the "should be supporting Scottish teams in Europe" argument and go onto the fact that we get £300k or whatever, it's a struggle to get them to understand that if you get given £10, but everyone else gets £100, you're actually poorer!

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Agree. When Celtic fans get upset that I like it when they get knocked out, after they've exhausted the "should be supporting Scottish teams in Europe" argument and go onto the fact that we get £300k or whatever, it's a struggle to get them to understand that if you get given £10, but everyone else gets £100, you're actually poorer!

So basically Celtic are the tory party