Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scenes when the official Twitter has a "he returns... 👀" tweet, only to announce Scobbie an hour after. 

That would be sensational trolling.

20 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Did we travel back from Ireland yesterday or do we come back today? 

Think they got the boat back yesterday.

Can't imagine TW wants to go into the Betfred games without another left back.

Kane also picked up an injury on Saturday so McMillan will surely get his chance in those games as well.

McInnes, again, trying to push a loan deal for May, and says that "hes got the opportunity to do that at some clubs", also says if the player wants a permanent move theyll "look at it"

Sounds for all the world theres one club interested who want a permanent deal, and others who want a loan deal, and hes trying to convince May a loan deal would be better.

More he pushes this, the more I'm convinced hes ending up elsewhere on loan tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes, again, trying to push a loan deal for May, and says that "hes got the opportunity to do that at some clubs", also says if the player wants a permanent move theyll "look at it"

Sounds for all the world theres one club interested who want a permanent deal, and others who want a loan deal, and hes trying to convince May a loan deal would be better.

More he pushes this, the more I'm convinced hes ending up elsewhere on loan tbh.

He's just forcing Saints to pay a fee for him, looking after Aberdeen because he knows he spunked way too much on him.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He's just forcing Saints to pay a fee for him, looking after Aberdeen because he knows he spunked way too much on him.

He seems exactly the type of manager who'll be desperate to keep May around in the hope one day it just clicks and he can talk about how he was right to stick by him all along.

I know and accept that a loan isn't ideal but don't think Saints will miss out on that opportunity if it's all that's available. 

The point about McInnes not wanting TW to show that he can get more out of May would be cutting off the nose stuff. If he's wanting the player to get the best chance of regaining his form then it's in his interest for him to go back to Perth as well.

Fingers crossed that May wants a clean break and that Saints can get a deal done.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If May asks for a transfer then it would probably cut down the amount of money Aberdeen would need to pay up on his contract 

He seems exactly the type of manager who'll be desperate to keep May around in the hope one day it just clicks and he can talk about how he was right to stick by him all along.

So he’s the type of manager that thinks there’s a player in there so would like to retain him if he gets his confidence back?

Mental eh.

I always felt McInnes was quite fair with players when he was Saints manager. If they weren't getting games or were unhappy he'd allow them to leave. If May wants to go and we meet whatever asking price Aberdeen put on him, I don't think McInnes would stand in his way.

I always felt McInnes was quite fair with players when he was Saints manager. If they weren't getting games or were unhappy he'd allow them to leave. If May wants to go and we meet whatever asking price Aberdeen put on him, I don't think McInnes would stand in his way.

Genuinely think there’s a belief at the club that may still has the potential to make a massive contribution. He’s actually very popular amongst a lot of the Aberdeen support he just earns a salary that needs to be justified with goals.

If the money is right well let him go but I suspect we’d be delighted if he could go on loan, regain confidence and come back and hit the ground running with us.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So he’s the type of manager that thinks there’s a player in there so would like to retain him if he gets his confidence back?

Mental eh.

I think McInnes knows his preferred system doesnt suit May, and is unlikely to ever get the best from him. That's not a bad thing, some players just dont fit and his set up is obviously successful.

I also think McInnes is the type of manager who hates to fail, so the idea of giving May up will annoy him as he'll have been desperate to make it work.

I think he'll ignore the first point, due to the second. May could go away, be successful in a different set up, come back full of confidence, and he'll likely still flop at Aberdeen because he simply doesnt suit your style. Cosgrove is younger and scored far more, you wont change a tactic that's working for him to try and help May, IMO.

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. The source is spot on. Always is emoji106.png

Any idea if it's a permanent deal perthsaint1977?

The 'I'm not renewing my season ticket because I've got a wedding to pay for' spiel is going well. Next time my boss goes away from her desk, I'll be right on the phone renewing. :lol: 

Edited by Kyle

24 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Heard on Saturday night that a deal is nearly done for May.

Is this connected to the interest in Danzell and Garrett apparently suddenly ending?

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Any idea if it's a permanent deal perthsaint1977?

The 'I'm not renewing my season ticket because I've got a wedding to pay for' spiel is going well. Next time my boss goes away from her desk, I'll be right on the phone renewing. :lol: 

Saints are worth more than any partner Kyle, just remember that, that's a Tam life lesson.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Saints are worth more than any partner Kyle, just remember that, that's a Tam life lesson.

Saints have been around for 32 years, my partner has only been around for 13. Easy win for Saints.