Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

A loan is obviously not ideal but if our options were take May on loan or watch Dundee or St Mirren take him on loan how would saints fans feel?

Theres zero benefit to us taking him on loan. At best we'll get a good six months, or if hes shite we'll have saved ourselves a bit of money (as I assume a loan spell will involve the buying club paying some wages).

I despise loans unless the player is either far better than what we have (which is debatable with May just now), or available for nothing at the end of his loan spell.

If the club lose out as they only want a permanent deal, and Aberdeen decide to loan him, I'll accept that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes confirms Stevie May will be allowed to leave on loan, with St Johnstone, St Mirren, Dundee and Dundee United all interested in the 26-year-old striker. (Sun) 

Nothing new just confirmation (for once I believe the Sun)

Steve Brown will hopefully work really hard here on a permanent deal. I know the player hasn't enjoyed much success recently but there is no point in just forever sitting on a healthy bank balance. Easy to say when you aren't balancing the books I accept. 

I don't always agree with @RandomGuy. but do on the way McInnes uses May. It was the same when both were in Perth. TW will play him right through the middle and that has to suit him better than the role he's often asked to play for the Dons. 

And taking that into account, McInnes can do one with his thinking that he can loan him out to let another manager get the player back firing again. Let the player go if you can't manage him. 

If Aberdeen want him out on loan and we're pushing for a permanent deal, well be prepared to see Stevie in a Dundee top this season. The seethe will be immense and should finally put paid to the crippled wee p***k* ever pulling on a Saints shirt again.

* obviously that statement will be retracted if this doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If its a choice between either of the Dundee clubs/StMirren on loan or getting a good pay off from Aberdeen and a permanent move to StJohnstone it's a no brainer who he chooses.

It might not be up to him.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

You really are a terrible human being. Hope The Who were shite. p***k. 

:lol:

The Who were ok, I liked parts of the gig, other parts didn't sound great imo and they never did My Generation, couple that with Wembley being pretty vast and that'll probably be my last big stadium gig, don't enjoy them as much now. If it's any consolation I'd have rather been in Belfast. 

you're right though, I'm a fucking terrible human being as well as a p***k

and I fucking love it.

It might not be up to him.
Might not be. McInnes is always cryptic in his interviews. Like when he never ruled out wanting the Rangers job, he always said he was happy at Aberdeen.

Looks like he has said he isn't writing May off but he won't stand in his way if he wants to leave.