Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

Doesnt sound great news on Clark.

What? That he wants to stay, saints have offered him an excellent long term contract and that the only issue is getting hold of his agent. Who I think is still McNamara and if so, no real surprise there, is there?

37 minutes ago, Widge said:

What? That he wants to stay, saints have offered him an excellent long term contract and that the only issue is getting hold of his agent. Who I think is still McNamara and if so, no real surprise there, is there?

Sounds similar to his early noises about Shaughnessy I think.

Screenshot_20190626-153419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7ec0aeb48b19748c4d65323e552ad3b8.jpg

There's also the option of the pub just across the dual carriageway called the Glover Arms if you were after food, like a brewers Faye's type pub with outside seating and play area (I think) as well for the balmy Perthshire afternoons.  About 10 minutes walk from ground 

This is the most boring window ever! TW talking about trimming the squad, is this because the budget has been lowered? Also said they having been planning for this window since last summer yet we’ve signed a youth player and a back up keeper, and by the sounds of it he has no idea who the striker will be. 

This is the most boring window ever! TW talking about trimming the squad, is this because the budget has been lowered? Also said they having been planning for this window since last summer yet we’ve signed a youth player and a back up keeper, and by the sounds of it he has no idea who the striker will be. 

A lot of contracts expire on the first of July. Absolutely no need to panic at all to be honest. Could be he’s already signed the striker but as he’s still at a club, it hasn’t been announced.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

A lot of contracts expire on the first of July. Absolutely no need to panic at all to be honest. Could be he’s already signed the striker but as he’s still at a club, it hasn’t been announced.

He hasn't though.

He hasn't though.

Well true, but hypothetically there’s no reason to be panicking!

Just now, Widge said:

Well true, but hypothetically there’s no reason to be panicking! emoji23.png

No need to panic just yet. If he can't sign a very decent striker, he'll get one on loan. He's aiming high though.

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

No need to panic just yet. If he can't sign a very decent striker, he'll get one on loan. He's aiming high though.

You ITK? Like 

My only worry is it feels like it's unlikely any, proven, "15 goal striker" will be available at this point now. 

Could fully believe we could've signed one on a PCA, but we probably aren't going to spend the money required on a fee, and I'd be surprised if anyone of that quality will be going out of contract in a week and hasnt/doesnt get offers from bigger clubs.

Feel like we're hanging our hat on a loan deal showing up late in the window, which would be a sketchy plan at best.

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

You ITK? Like 

I wish. I have had a few conversations with someone who is though and the calibre of names mentioned are ambitious imo.

Getting Zander tied up on a similar deal to Jason would better any signing for me this summer. Hopefully the offer is sufficient and gives him hope we wouldn’t stand In his way if a suitable bid came in