Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently GK and LB are from Man U.

Thought De Gea was holding out for a move to Madrid but can see why he'd prefer Perth tbh #perthshire 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently GK and LB are from Man U.

Where are you seeing this RandomGuy?

They surely wouldn't allow players out on loan to be a 3rd choice goalkeeper at a club like St Johnstone.

Edit - I see the post on the Banter page. Looks legit too.

Edited by Kyle

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Where are you seeing this RandomGuy?

They surely wouldn't allow players out on loan to be a 3rd choice goalkeeper at a club like St Johnstone.

Edit - I see the post on the Banter page. Looks legit too.

Guy says it with some confidence. Not sure if it would be a loan or if it's just players who have been released by Man U.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

only Scottish one that would make sense is Ethan Hamilton as far as I can see, can play either full back role or midfield?

No idea, just basing on it what guy on FB said.

Pure and utter guesswork, with no ITK behind it, but someone like Paul Woolston maybe fits the bill for a keeper. 20yo and signed a 1 year deal at Man U last season, no idea if hes now out of contract or not. Played some games for them in their reserve league but seems unlikely to ever break through. Seems exactly the type of keeper youd tried and sign a year or two before you want them starting for you. Hes part of the same agency as Jason Kerr. They have about six GKs in that squad though.

Only left backs in their U23 squad are Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, a 22yo who spent last season loan at relegated League One side Scunthorpe, and George Tanner, a 19yo who's only ever played for their youth sides.

Probably be nowhere close, but it's taken up 15 minutes of the most boring part of the transfer window, so I'm happy enough. 

6 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

only Scottish one that would make sense is Ethan Hamilton as far as I can see, can play either full back role or midfield?

Their website reckons hes a box to box CM, who played left wing back for a while in a back five for the reserves.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their website reckons hes a box to box CM, who played left wing back for a while in a back five for the reserves.

So this guy who you are speculating about maybe possibly being one of the contenders but are not sure because it's only based on some random Facebook post on"The Banter Page" may or may not be a box to box CM or wing back then ?

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

2 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

So this guy who you are speculating about maybe possibly being one of the contenders but are not sure because it's only based on some random Facebook post on"The Banter Page" may or may not be a box to box CM or wing back then ?

Welcome to a football forum during the transfer window.

Worth remembering we had Rowan Vine on trial, for all the humour since he was quality for us and almost hit double figures, there is quality players out who will have a trial period first.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Worth remembering we had Rowan Vine on trial, for all the humour since he was quality for us and almost hit double figures, there is quality players out who will have a trial period first.

Scored twice in a game against Derek McInnes Bristol City I think. He was excellent in that game as well.

Vine was a great player for saints I thought, scored goals and had genuine quality. He got Hibsed in the end though.