Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
26 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
If Parish and Duffy deals were done back in May what would be the reasoning to hold back on announcing them? 

Don't need to pay them over the summer

Shhh, you'll make Saints look bad and wee Broon will sack you.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
6 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
If Parish and Duffy deals were done back in May what would be the reasoning to hold back on announcing them? 

To annoy you.

I’m not annoyed by it. I just wonder what the reason behind would be 

9 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What’s Chris Kane’s Wikipedia all about? Awful patter.

Bizarre stuff.

All you lucky sausages over in Northern Ireland will get to see 4 trialists in action tomorrow night and/or on Saturday. A goalkeeper, a centre back, a left back and a striker.

Wright has said he wants another young goalkeeper in as a third choice to allow Sinclair out on loan, the centre back is to have a look at alternatives in case any of our defenders leave and the left back you'd assume will probably end up being Tanser's deputy barring any catastrophes. Goodness knows whether the striker is a punt or someone we're serious about.

Hopefully we'll start to see some names emerge over the next few days - hopefully a couple of them are foreign.

1 striker seems strange. I thought, he would have had a couple to choose from.  He said this position was a priority. I hope he has not put all his eggs in the one basket. Then again it may be an inspired choice.

Anyone an idea who the four are?

2 minutes ago, Templar said:

1 striker seems strange. I thought, he would have had a couple to choose from.  He said this position was a priority. I hope he has not put all his eggs in the one basket. Then again it may be an inspired choice.

Anyone an idea who the four are?

Cammy Bell, Tam Scobbie, Sanel Jahic and Jason Scotland.

Tommy states in the Courier

“The games will be used as part of training. We’ll mix and match the teams because it’s early days.

“The aim is to get every player at least 90 minutes on the pitch come the end of the Linfield game.

If my arithmetic is correct that means we are taking 22 players any more and they will not get 90 mins

2 goalkeepers (1 a trialist), 3 other trialists and 17 squad player. I wonder what 5 players are not going or playing?

Or was arithmetic not Tommy's best subject ð

Last season.

TOMMY WRIGHT admits he’s been impressed by trialist Arthur Njo-Lea. The Saints boss took the 22-year-old Swiss striker to Austria with his side for their pre-season training camp.

Could he be back for another trial he out of contract?

Decent strikers will have plenty of suitors, to get them to come to Saints takes a lot of fucking persuasion, we aren't the most appealing side by the way, just look at how long it took Matty Kennedy to be persuaded. If Tommy plays some trialists in the meantime in the hope of unearthing a gem that's fine by me. Stop knickerwetting knickerwetters.