Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Stevies penalties were pretty poorly struck tbf,

The one against Rosenborg went in off the junction of the goal at about 100mph, nothing poor about how cleanly he hits a ball!

39 minutes ago, Widge said:

The one against Rosenborg went in off the junction of the goal at about 100mph, nothing poor about how cleanly he hits a ball!

*Luzern. Point stands though - both his penalties were tremendous against them. 

*Luzern. Point stands though - both his penalties were tremendous against them. 

That’s the one! I’m still mentally scarred by the mention of Tam Scobbie to think straight!

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

That’s the one! I’m still mentally scarred by the mention of Tam Scobbie to think straight!

...Scobbie scored the winning penalty that night...

...Scobbie scored the winning penalty that night...

Liam Caddis also scores....your point being? [emoji6]

Only positive contribution either of them ever made to saints I’d say.

#LastGaspSJFC [emoji14] 

edit: not to mention the amazing tackle against Aberdeen that effectively got us into Europe. [emoji6] 

Sharing a series of tweets with superstars such as Gary MacDonald and David Robertson, yup that’s about right for Tam in terms of rating against other saints players.

Are you lads cutting back this season? that is Dave Mackay, Cammy Kerr and Jordan Marshall all knocked back offers from you to join us.

All about perspective, why sign with saints to sit on the bench week after week and hope you get a chance to play, when you can sign on at Dundee and play every game.

I’d have taken Kerr right enough but he was never going to leave Dundee, Marshall would be nothing more than squad filler at best.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

lucky for you we don't want another striker that doesn't score goals. Otherwise we would just outbid you again.

on one hand its a fair point, on the other hand you're giving it the big one because Dundee have signed a player who had to return to Queens last summer because no club down south would touch him and would purely be a back up to a player who owned dundee like a little bitch from left back in our games last season....

image.png.9fe72ea46075eec1c2384455b16c4f89.png

In the paper that we have 2 players on trial from St Johnstone. Presuming these are youngsters on trial with a view to signing, any ideas who?We tried to sign Jimmy Gomis so are obviously in the market for a centre midfielder, perhaps Ali McCann might be coming our way?

4 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

on one hand its a fair point, on the other hand you're giving it the big one because Dundee have signed a player who had to return to Queens last summer because no club down south would touch him and would purely be a back up to a player who owned dundee like a little bitch from left back in our games last season....

image.png.9fe72ea46075eec1c2384455b16c4f89.png

Everyone owned Dundee like a little bitch last season - hardly worth mentioning. Anyway back to the original question that wasn't answered. Are you guys cutting back this season? That is 3 contracts in one week you have had knocked back.. We are obviously a much wealthier and bigger club but it must still be worrying losing out to a Championship team.

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

In the paper that we have 2 players on trial from St Johnstone. Presuming these are youngsters on trial with a view to signing, any ideas who?We tried to sign Jimmy Gomis so are obviously in the market for a centre midfielder, perhaps Ali McCann might be coming our way?

I'd be surprised if it's McCann because Wright has talked about giving him and McClean a chance next season. It wont be Euan O'Reilly either as he seems to be Airdrie bound for a loan spell. Given the level you're playing at, McClean and McCann make most sense though. Perhaps Ross Sinclair - a very young  but equally highly rated goalkeeper that we have - or possibly Steven Anderson if you're in the market for a centre half?

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Tommy Wright has spoken about Ali McCann being part of the first team this season, and he was part of the reason why we aren’t in the market for a central midfielder, so would be surprised if we let him out on loan. 

Is McMillan still about or back to Ireland yet? Be surprised if he stayed in Scotland but you never know. 

Couple of other suggestions on top of McMillan (I can't see him wanting to go part time in Scotland give his career prospects in ireland if he was part time over there), perhaps players like Struthers or Ballantyne for a loan, hence why it's a trial and no just straight signings? We've also released quite a few youngsters as we've ditched our reserve team so it's maybe some freebies trying to make their way in the game.

10 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Everyone owned Dundee like a little bitch last season - hardly worth mentioning. Anyway back to the original question that wasn't answered. Are you guys cutting back this season? That is 3 contracts in one week you have had knocked back.. We are obviously a much wealthier and bigger club but it must still be worrying losing out to a Championship team.

At least Dundee are expanding the gene pool in the city.  No more polio kids. That’s a Scotland I want to live in.

I think the most likely options are either DC having a look at a couple of the 2000-born players (Ballantyne and Struthers as mentioned) about potential loans or a couple of lads from same group that were freed. 

I wouldn't rule out McCann or McClean but think they are the sort of deals that would happen down the line.