Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Interesting quotes on the unofficial twitter today. What a boost it would be to get Joe signed up for another couple of seasons. As unlikely as it still will be, it would really soften the inevitable blow of losing Kerr.

Would solve a couple of issues if we get him back.

Would give us our quota of experienced CBs and RBs, with the knowledge we could pose either Kerr or Ando and be fine. Would allow the young Celtic full back to come in and settle without too much issue, maybe even getting loaned out, and mean the only defensive signing we would need is competition for Tanser.

As much as I slated his end of season form, Shaughnessy is proven at this level in two defensive positions, we'll struggle to get that elsewhere 

Edited by RandomGuy.

I wonder if a little bit of forward thinking might be needed. Give him a bigger contract knowing we will more than likely make back a chunk from any sale of Kerr. That then probably breaks the wage structure though so probably unlikely.

Just now, The Woolshed said:

I wonder if a little bit of forward thinking might be needed. Give him a bigger contract knowing we will more than likely make back a chunk from any sale of Kerr. That then probably breaks the wage structure though so probably unlikely.

Youd imagine it would be balanced against the potential cost of a replacement, rather than the Kerr fee.

As in, in really basic terms I'll be slated for, if Shaughnessy wants a £2k a week contract, over three years, that's £312k. Would we be able to replace him, probably having to pay a fee to get a similar player, for less than that in total?

I cant see us managing that from players I can think of, but that's a very limited knowledge compared to what the club will know.

If it’s a choice between Shaughnessy or an unknown signing from down south, I’m backing Joe all the way. Better the devil you know; however he comes back as third choice and definitely not as captain for the new season.

Were the dugouts as old as the stadium?
Genuine question, always been curious since the scoreboard got updated about what's actually left (obvious stuff like seats and stands aside) of the original stadium.
The tarmac in the car park is original [emoji3]

The tarmac in the car park is original [emoji3]

And certainly looks it.
Surely the white lines and bay numbers wouldn't cost much to sort out.
Total disgrace it has been allowed to get in its current state.

And certainly looks it.
Surely the white lines and bay numbers wouldn't cost much to sort out.
Total disgrace it has been allowed to get in its current state.

The car park was being used as a through road for access at one point wasn’t it? Whilst the new road around the back was being built, therefore there was literally no point in doing any works to it.

It needs something done now, but prior was pointless.

I'm sure if you spend money at the end of a tax year on your "facilities", but it's just maintenance and wont add any value, you can decrease the amount of tax you've to pay.

Wee Broon at the scams IMO.

35 minutes ago, Widge said:

The car park was being used as a through road for access at one point wasn’t it? Whilst the new road around the back was being built, therefore there was literally no point in doing any works to it.

It needs something done now, but prior was pointless.

Nissan garage across the road use it for parking too. He'll probably wait until one of their workers admit to chewing up a bit of tarmac and charge them for the whole thing.

Has anyone been up recently? Has there not been any work done in the car park? 
This was in the chairman's report from the accounts last year:
IMG_20190611_130459.thumb.jpg.2e74f8dc89e72c05b44ffe08a6299b17.jpg

Be interesting to see if it is mentioned in this years report. It really is needing attention.