Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Right now are strongest starting 11 must be 

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

Wright Craig Davidson/Callaghan Kennedy 

O'Halloran Kane/Hendry

Think the team still needs work especially squad depth wise and clear we need a main striker. 

2 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

If he does leave over the summer, big beautiful Liam strolls right in his place 

Beside who?

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I think RandomGuy needs to start some fake rumours again. 

Be aswell tbh.

14 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Joe, if he stays. If not, who knows. What does it matter?

If Kerr leaves, Liam walks straight in, that's unquestionable. We need a CB as it is, regardless.

Liam has already walked straight in. He will probably be the only one out of the 4 from last season left :lol:

Jack Grimmer has apparently been in talks with "a few Scottish clubs", 25yo right back with over 200 senior appearances, most in EFL League One.

Has apparently comfortably filled in at CB too.

Nicky Devlin has also been released, 25yo right back too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I'm much happier with the way Saints operate these days. Last January seemed to be a watershed moment where the manager and chairman arrived on the same page and it was encouraging to read the other day that they've been planning for this window since last August.

We no longer find ourselves in the situation where we have scores of players going out of contract within a few months and that must make it easier to identify what is required.

Patience was required last summer but I think he got the players he wanted.

We still have the same problems as always in terms of what we can pay but I think it's been shown that we can attract quality on our budget. 

The good thing is, Wright has known for 3/4 months now that Watt, Shaughnessy and Goss were all leaving for various reasons. He said they’d been tracking Drey Wright for months prior to the end of the season as well as Marty Kennedy, those two are easily the best signings we’ve made for years. That gives me encouragement they started the scouting process months ago for those 3 key positions and that if the signings identified do sign they’ll be just as successful. Would surprise me if we’ve already signed at least one up we just don’t know about it, a bit like we did with Drey Wright last season.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Wallace Duffy? I hope he's as good a player as our last strangely named 'signed out of no where' right back - Clive Smith.

*shrugs shoulders*

One of those where you trust the manager. If hes as good as Fisher ended up being then couldn't complain. 

Some Celtic fans reckon he can play central too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Personally, I think in his 6 years as manager, we know enough about TW's nature to know that we won't be going into next season with just Foster and this boy capable of playing at right back. 

If he does sign then it's an addition in the mould that McClean and Hendry were and there will be another right back as well. 

Personally, I think in his 6 years as manager, we know enough about TW's nature to know that we won't be going into next season with just Foster and this boy capable of playing at right back. 
If he does sign then it's an addition in the mould that McClean and Hendry were and there will be another right back as well. 
Personally I wouldn't be AVERSE (@The Real Saints is gonna love me for that) to Ziggy Gordon joining. Decent back up player with plenty experience at our level.

16 hours ago, scott_sjfc said:

I do not rate O'Halloran as a forward. He cannot jump or hold the ball and we lose his pace and his ability run at defenders on  the wing. He played wide right in our cup final year and wide left on is loan spell from Rangers. For me he is a wide player not a forward, I would like to see him on the right.