Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Thought their keeper played Kennedy,he was positioned a yard to his right,offering Kennedy the same post as his last penalty,and Kennedy fell for it,but a bit more height and he scores,bring back Sheerin,his variety was a joy ,both sides high or low 

Yes I noticed he left a much bigger gap to the side where Kennedy played it. As Radford says, the pressure is huge on any taker we have just now. There can't be any confidence in the stadium whenever we are awarded one, and it probably filters down to the guy about to play it.

Id be tempted to just tell Liam Craig or Tony Watt or whoever was up for it "you're taking the next 5, regardless of whether you score or not, so get on with it."  Just to take a bit of the pressure off them that they have to score or they don't get another.

Tanser has a great strike on him, not sure how he'd stand up to the pressure.

But it's another new penalty taker, what happens if he misses?

Think Alston and McMillan have scored their only penalties for us as well.  

I always liked a striker taking them, someone who sees it as a fairly easy opportunity to get their goals tally up, rather than being overawed by not wanting to let the team down, but Kennedy and Watt missing kills that theory!

It’s David Wotherspoon, there’s a certain section of the Saints support that are completely blind to him. There’s a boy in front of me in the East stand that doesn’t stand up if Wotherspoon scores. Genuinely baffling. 
For the benefit of the pieandbovril masses, here is the conversation. Absolute telts from your man #TRS. #downwiththebanterpage
08779141-230E-44EF-9AF5-08254F8E0F48.thumb.jpeg.f5d95ad649cd2abacf08f6b2cdc3c5f4.jpeg
thats one of the most baffling arguements ive ever read! the guy clearly doesnt know a thing about football so you should maybe suggest he tries girls volleyball

I see Stuart Bannigans contract with Partick expires in January. 

His injury record is horrendous but he's played regularly this season no issue. Letting go of Nydam an replacing him with Bannigan might not be a daft idea, as we're very, very short in there if Davidson gets injured/Craig gets suspended.

33 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

It sounds a bit Keith Watsonish.

Aye he was out for 16 months before this season, although he's claimed 8 months of that was due to a misdiagnosis of his injury, and it was plain sailing once they figured it out.

Only 26 and seemingly on peanuts at Thistle on a "prove your fitness" deal.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Nydam has confirmed that he’s heading back to Ipswich in January. 

Good news tbh.

1 hour ago, Saigon Raider said:

Just seen the news Saints TV will be launching early 2019.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-tv-launch

All the home games and most away games live. Amazing news for me and well worth £120/year.

Maybe I have missed it but hadn't heard a sniff of this.

Even better news.