Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Tommy Wright was on the radio before the game the day Murray Davidson got injured slagging off artificial pitches and the injuries they cause , that’s 2 bad injuries on your pitch this season, potentialy another one with Stuart Findlay being carried off.  Wonder what his big fat puss has to say now.

Probably that he was wrong about the plastic pitch...

Killie are just an overly aggressive unit, who don’t want to play football the right way, just stop other teams playing  anyway they can and then take advantage. 

Big loss as his pace gives us something different. Shame we don't still have Craig Thomson. 
Plenty of options in reserve but none with the pace of Wright. It's such a shame for him as well as I think observers of the league were starting to take note of him as well. Hopefully they get the surgery done and he might make it back for a few games in May.
I assume the bit about Thomson is trolling.

If Wright doesn't make it back for the last couple of games , then hopefully he will be okay for the European campaign.

6 hours ago, The Marly said:

I assume the bit about Thomson is trolling.

If Wright doesn't make it back for the last couple of games , then hopefully he will be okay for the European campaign.

That'll be the European campaign the Saintees wont be in.

48 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Killie fans are fucking idiots. Think they want a reaction from the Saints on here, that brings me back to my first sentence.

A nice wee 2500 allseated stadium with a nicely manicured pitch would just suit you jolly nice chaps ,  maybe a nice  hedge on one side so that your cattle can shelter in the bad weather. Shouldn’t be too much of an atmosphere for you so you can settle down to your Scottish Farmer.

12 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

A nice wee 2500 allseated stadium with a nicely manicured pitch would just suit you jolly nice chaps ,  maybe a nice  hedge on one side so that your cattle can shelter in the bad weather. Shouldn’t be too much of an atmosphere for you so you can settle down to your Scottish Farmer.

Thanks for proving Tam's point.

This week’s manager’s message:

It was well earned point last time out against Kilmarnock and we knew it was always going to be a difficult match.

Since Steve Clarke's  arrival at Rugby Park he has made them very difficult to beat and we knew they'd come up here to try and frustrate us. 

Their team selection was positive though with two strikers on from the start so I think they did try to give it a bit more of a go against us.

We didn't start particularly well but as the first half progressed we started to take control and I felt we were the better side even though we didn't create much in the way of opportunities.

Second half we didn't play as well and I thought we ended up too deep with too many long balls which allowed Killie to put us under pressure. In saying that, Zander only really had one save to make when he made a great stop from Greg Stewart.

Overall I think the draw was the fair result and it keeps our great record of clean sheets going which I'm delighted with.

Obviously Zander gets a lot of the plaudits for this but it's a team effort and every single one of the players has played their part. On Saturday I thought that our back four, and in particular Joe and Jason, were absolutely outstanding.

The one negative for us from the match is obviously the injury to Drey Wright. It's a big blow for us and for Drey because he's been fantastic all season and has been a player who has really excited the fans.

He's such a threat going forward and the next step for him in the coming weeks was to start adding goals to his game. Unfortunately, he's now going to miss the remainder of the campaign.

It was pretty innocuous but this is often the case when it comes to ACL injuries. He'll now have an operation and our focus is to make sure he gets the best treatment available which will see him back next season ready to kick on once again.

Next up for us is Hearts on Wednesday and we'll be going into the game fresh having had our game this weekend rescheduled due to Celtic's involvement in the Betfred Cup Final. 

I think the last time we played Hearts we were a little bit leggy as the game came after a midweek battle with Celtic.

We conceded two goals from set plays which - touch wood - we haven't done since. We go into the match in great form and confidence is really high among the players.

It's the first game of a busy December for the squad and we hope we can keep our run going and continue to keep performance levels high. We look forward to seeing you at McDiarmid Park on Wednesday night to cheer the players on.

s.gif

Thank you for your continued support.

s.gif
Tommy Wright
Manager St Johnstone FC
s.gif
3666050_keepbelieving.png

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/775180/drey-wright-is-st-johnstones-james-forrest-but-they-will-cope-without-him/
''But the good thing with our squad is the depth we have. There are various options.
There’s Kennedy if I had to, Swanson, Scougall, Wotherspoon and Alston.''

He's mentioned Scougall. Tommy's actually mentioned Scougall. These are truly wondrous times we going through.

It's quite a big decision who we play in place of Drey.  I hope we resist the temptation to shuffle around too much.  Moving Kennedy wide and bringing in McMillan might be tempting, but Kennedy has looked a completely different player playing centrally so he surely has to stay there for now.  

I think we'll see a bit more changing things around again depending on the opposition over the next few weeks.  Alston, Swanson, Scougall, Callachan, Nydam all midfield options.  

For the Hearts game, Spoony over to the right and Swanson left would do me.  Danny usually enjoys a game against Hearts.

30 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It's quite a big decision who we play in place of Drey.  I hope we resist the temptation to shuffle around too much.  Moving Kennedy wide and bringing in McMillan might be tempting, but Kennedy has looked a completely different player playing centrally so he surely has to stay there for now.  

I think we'll see a bit more changing things around again depending on the opposition over the next few weeks.  Alston, Swanson, Scougall, Callachan, Nydam all midfield options.  

For the Hearts game, Spoony over to the right and Swanson left would do me.  Danny usually enjoys a game against Hearts.

Was TW not quoted a few days ago saying he's reluctant to move Kennedy?