Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Obviously different, but Zander saved one in the league Cup shootout from Craig Thomson of East Fife this season *, and Mannus saved one against Lucerne I think.

Otherwise I agree, I never have any confidence that a Saints keeper will save one. Funnily enough, one of the earliest Saints keeper I used to watch was John Balavage and i seem to recall he had a phenomenal penalty saving record around the last couple of seasons at Muirton.

Whilst I can't remember too many penalties missed against us, other than the Motherwell one, I can think of several we've missed over the last few years just off the top of my head: 

Maclean skied two over the bar in the space of a few weeks, think Spoony had one saved v Hearts, the missed one v Falkirk when Swanson scored two, May had one saved v Celtic in a 3-3 game, the only Premiership team he didn't score against for us that season.

* just read the question properly, and it specifically mentions not shootouts!

Edited by PauloPerth

Obviously different, but Zander saved one in the league Cup shootout from Craig Thomson of East Fife this season *, and Mannus saved one against Lucerne I think.
Otherwise I agree, I never have any confidence that a Saints keeper will save one. Funnily enough, one of the earliest Saints keeper I used to watch was John Balavage and i seem to recall he had a phenomenal penalty saving record around the last couple of seasons at Muirton.
Whilst I can't remember too many penalties missed against us, other than the Motherwell one, I can think of several we've missed over the last few years just off the top of my head: 
Maclean skied two over the bar in the space of a few weeks, think Spoony had one saved v Hearts, the missed one v Falkirk when Swanson scored two, May had one saved v Celtic in a 3-3 game, the only Premiership team he didn't score against for us that season.

Spoony miss was against Ross County I think.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Spoony miss was against Ross County I think.

Ah ok. I remembered Macca putting one over the bar v Hearts, and for some reason thought Spoony had missed his against them as well.

O'Halloran had a penalty saved against Motherwell in the 8 men game last season.

edit: this appears to have been mentioned earlier by RandomGuy. Serves me right for picking back up on new page.

Edited by Kyle

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Serves me right for picking back up on new page.

That's happening to me a  lot now. If the threads moved to a new page it opens there, not the last new post on the previous page. It's also frequently just going to the final new post, not the first one no matter what. Frustrating but not life changing so couldn't be arsed checking why.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/retro-jersey-day
5b965e133160d579769783.jpg

I see even the club are trying to wipe the absolutely horrific Alan Storrar diagonal effort from history.  Good move.

Edited by 7-2

19 minutes ago, Radford said:

Bland, ruined by the egg, alright, cheap, n/a, n/a, beautiful, worst ever, glorious, not bad, catalogue.

Brilliant, meh, wonderful, what's the point, too much white, gold and egg so WTF, decent, classic.

Same rating scheme for the players now please.

Yeah, we were in the first of their five stands that they built. Those old wooden seats with no legroom.

My first ever away game was at Tannadice in 1990. Saints support was huge with behind the goal and away section of covered terrace absolutely packed. Pretty sure they had a 100% record after 9 or 10 games and we beat them, Inglis and Maskrey scored.

You couldn't help but fall in love with that Totten team.

Yeah, we were in the first of their five stands that they built. Those old wooden seats with no legroom.
My first ever away game was at Tannadice in 1990. Saints support was huge with behind the goal and away section of covered terrace absolutely packed. Pretty sure they had a 100% record after 9 or 10 games and we beat them, Inglis and Maskrey scored.
You couldn't help but fall in love with that Totten team.
Remember this game so clearly. Awesome memory

Totten was sacked before I was even one year old, if it was December 92 he left? 

My earliest memory is being a mascot for a 0-0 game at home to Hibs, other memories include some odd games from that period, and then the John Connolly season. 

I wish I'd been born a decade earlier.