Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I almost expect to sign someone. He's shifting youngsters out at the moment and he'll almost certainly get rid of McKay. He's an expert at playing on the fact he won't sign anyone, he'll have a target in mind and he's obviously tinkering with his budget. I suspect it's a loan deal, but I'd be amazed if he wasn't just up to his tricks.

McKay being away would be best for all parties. TW's mind has been made up on him since this time last year and, for all his flaws as a footballer, no one can doubt McKay's desire to play regular first team football. Hope he makes a success of himself - he's a cliche machine on social media but he seems like a decent guy. 

I'm surprised that people are surprised regarding this fabled striker search  to be honest. This is a recurring theme and, knowing that, signing 5 new players and no strikers was always likely to end in tears for Tommy. 

Cant help noticing the change in Tommy's tone recently. Think we could be in the twilight of his time as manager now. 

Think you're right Kyle. Will be very surprised if Tommy lasts his contract. I actually doubt he'll have as much success at his next club too, he'd need to be lucky with what he inherits imo.

As for this season, we need a striker, everyone can see it, but he needs to be a decent striker. Whether  TW/SB are capable of delivering that  I have my doubts.

It's certainly tough to see where regular goals are. As much as Maclean gives his absolute all for us every time he's not a 20 goal a season player. Cummins and Kane both have different positive attributes (good in the air / decent movement and pace) but neither seem likely to bang them in on a weekly basis.

Did TW not make this exact mistake with his signings last Summer too?

Signed too many players then realised he didn't have the budget for a striker.

If McKay is gone, along with the numerous loans, then you'd guess he's trying to get some form of money for a striker, not convinced anyone he can now bring in will be the 10+ goalscorer we need. Yet again.

Has Dave Mckay still got the legs? Rumoured to be the solution to our defence problems and heading to Tannadice next week.

It has been rumoured that he might never play professional football again. If these rumours have any basis in truth, Tannadice would probably be the ideal location for him.

In one of the most unexpected transfer stories of the Summer, one of Brad McKays mates has confirmed on Twitter that hes "starting a new adventure"