Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Foster would cover both full back positions but goes against what some folk were saying about Wright trying not to sign players the wrong side of 30. I do get the impression though that we're not alone in finding this quite a difficult market this summer. The manager had spoken about signing a centre back but, whilst it's very early days, Brad McKay has maybe eased his concerns there and the aforementioned, Watson, Mackay, Anderson, Shaughnessy and Scobbie can all play there, plus he surely doesn't want to totally block the path for the younger players who have had a taste of it.

I'd like to think we tried for Darnell Fisher but competing with Rotherham would have been nigh on impossible and the player himself said he wanted to return to England in any case. You look around the safe Scottish market and there aren't many options there. I know Foster hasn't always been popular with former clubs but he would be a safe enough signing I suspect?

Getting a striker is a more pressing concern and the clock is ticking. Steve Brown said in February that we wouldn't make the mistake of letting things drag into the last week again, so hopefully he's not going to let a manager, who is possibly starting to get itchy feet, down again.

It's not Sandaza, he was training with the squad today in a full training kit with orange boots, and he has a snood because it's cold

Where's the turnstile operator when you need him..... 

Wondering how I've ended up more ITK than him probably. Either that or hes my mate...

On a side note, the huge over reaction about Ricky Foster signing is tremendous. "why do we need another right back?!?! We need strikers!!! We have lots of right backs!!!"

Wondering how I've ended up more ITK than him probably. Either that or hes my mate...

On a side note, the huge over reaction about Ricky Foster signing is tremendous. "why do we need another right back?!?! We need strikers!!! We have lots of right backs!!!"

He is here but after all the pish in the past I'm saying bugger all this time. Think foster is a good addition. Can play multiple positions and allows the kids like Comrie and Gordon to go on loan .