Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Can't wait for the nuclear meltdown when Stewart goes for about £300k

This Oxford fans hoping they get him for 250 as well.

OUFC67
10:07pm Wed 27 Jul 16
What I have found out is that Greg Stewart who is also at Dundee presently was the top 4 player of the Scottish Premier League last season and a WINGER. He would cost around 250K the same as Kane and would be an amazing partnership with Kane and Maguire. That would be awesome if MA were to pull that off. Not good at all for Dundee though. That is the winger position we desperately need to replace Odowda and he made lots of assists last season as well as scored goals. A proven track record both Stewart and Kane of Dundee and both top 4 players of the SPD in Scotland. 500K for both is a bargain compared to what you would pay in England.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

I understand that Dundee FC really are the talk of the town at the moment lads but do you have any insight into your own club?

We've extended the contracts of our star players, we're still in the league cup and will top the group if we beat Stirling tomorrow and we've not just sold our prize asset for £250,000 to Oxford United.

You?

2 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

I understand that Dundee FC really are the talk of the town at the moment lads but do you have any insight into your own club?

Saints are brilliant m8. We've been in fine form humping both Elgin AND Falkirk. We are currently, technically, undefeated in the League Cup. Our signings have been fitting in nicely. In fact, a pass that Pates made to fellow new signing Blair Alston was described by somebody as being "world class". We look a bit light on striking options but will no doubt get some wonderkid on loan from our new best bud Pep Guardiola.

6 minutes ago, the_saints_are_coming said:

Blair Alston and Keith Watson are our notable recruits from up North, along with Michael Coulson from York City.

Michael Coulson majorly offended Jackie Mac, so you'd get along fine with him. Blair Alston is going to be the #deeslayer this season. Hopefully does a Liam Craig up the Derry. Keith Watson is obviously a Derry hater too. Good business all round.

The best bit of our business is obviously getting the heart of a lion back in the squad. #theyearofbrad #bradwecan

250 grand. Dearie me.

Thank you.

So no new recruits barring those you got in early - still look like good signings on paper - I like Watson (as a player - obv he's an Arab b*****d as a person) and if he keeps fit he'll be the pick of the bunch IMO.

How have the new boys looked in pre-season/the cup games?

11 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

'Would be amazing with Maguire' 

Its not thon Sheepo Maguire is it? He's an absolute humpty.

Worth noting we tried to sign him in January. 

We've got as strong a squad, depth wise, as I can remember us having. So we're likely in for the worst season we've had in years.

7 hours ago, Deefiant said:

I've been away for a while and haven't really been able to keep up with the football.

Have you agricultural fuckwits signed anybody decent this season (apart from the Beagle)? How have the Super Saints looked in friendlies / the cup?

Thank you

No newcomers since those early ones.. Alston, Watson, Paton and Coulston.  Our squad looks good but many of us are hoping we bring in a striker as the final piece.  Swanson has looked really good so far and the rest have looked decent.  Maclean and Cummins will once again terrorise opposition defences... firstly Stirling Albion tomorrow, followed by Manchester City next week.  Pep isn't allowing supporters or the media to see his boys get turned over by the Pride of Perthshire, understandably.

Yep, while you boys are bending over for the Oxford boaby, we've got Pep Guardiola requesting us for a pre-season game.  We really are big time.

:D

Spoiler

sort of.

Alston? Good luck to him he he can be a weapon or nothing depending on what mood he's in just can't understand why he didn't move to England & joined a team that's smaller than Falkirk ..hard one to work out

You seem shocked and upset. Is this the first you've heard about it? You should really pay more attention to your club's transfer dealings.

As for your question, I'll let Blair answer it for you.

''I heard about St. Johnstone's interest at the turn of the year. I was quite confident that, if I did well on the pitch, I would have an opportunity to play at a higher level come the end of the season. I was excited about it. When I heard about St. Johnstone, I thought about the club as a whole and how well they've done over the past few years. It was something that I was definitely keen to be a part of.

Falkirk was a great club to be at. Moving to St. Johnstone was something I had to do to progress my career.''

I hope this clarifies things for you. Most importantly, I hope you've enjoyed your wee trip to the Scottish Premiership forum.

No newcomers since those early ones.. Alston, Watson, Paton and Coulston.  Our squad looks good but many of us are hoping we bring in a striker as the final piece.  Swanson has looked really good so far and the rest have looked decent.  Maclean and Cummins will once again terrorise opposition defences... firstly Stirling Albion tomorrow, followed by Manchester City next week.  Pep isn't allowing supporters or the media to see his boys get turned over by the Pride of Perthshire, understandably.

Yep, while you boys are bending over for the Oxford boaby, we've got Pep Guardiola requesting us for a pre-season game.  We really are big time.

[emoji3]

Spoiler sort of.

Forgot about Paton. Very St Johnstone signing. He'll do well for you I'd think.

It should be remembered that just 2 years ago Dundee FC turned over then champions of England Manchester City 2-1 to become the champions of Britain. Understandable Pep picked an easier team to avoid a repeat of their poor season that followed.

Thank you.

Yes, fair play I completely forgot you played City's under 20's .. A cracking result as well. 

We've been a bit busy the last few Julys, but we're finally available for them at this time of the season...

Xx  ~ St Manjohnstone City ~ xX

They'll be your #brothers no doubt.

Wonder if you'll take a crowd similar to the mighty Dee's for our huge post season friendly against the other half of the Deeagles.

Premiership teams all over the shop looking for a slice of the Dark Blue pound.

On 30 July 2016 at 00:46, The Real Saints said:

You seem shocked and upset. Is this the first you've heard about it? You should really pay more attention to your club's transfer dealings.

As for your question, I'll let Blair answer it for you.

''I heard about St. Johnstone's interest at the turn of the year. I was quite confident that, if I did well on the pitch, I would have an opportunity to play at a higher level come the end of the season. I was excited about it. When I heard about St. Johnstone, I thought about the club as a whole and how well they've done over the past few years. It was something that I was definitely keen to be a part of.

Falkirk was a great club to be at. Moving to St. Johnstone was something I had to do to progress my career.''

I hope this clarifies things for you. Most importantly, I hope you've enjoyed your wee trip to the Scottish Premiership forum.

Everything you have said is factual & it's also a fact he has moved to a smaller club..as I said strange thing to do

Sorry for taking things wildly off-topic, but it's time for a casting call! 

I write some of the content for the match programme, and we're planning on producing a section focused on individual fans and their personal stories of following Saints. You all seem to be (fairly!) articulate, so would be ideal candidates to be included! It doesn't matter how old you are or how long you've been following the club. This is for fans of all ages and experiences to share their memories, life of supporting the club, favourite matches and players etc. 

Hopefully it is an opportunity for people to feel even more connected to the club and particularly the programme. We really need some of you involved to make it viable, so if you wouldn't mind being featured, or know someone you think would be suitable, send me a PM on here with your name, age and how many years you've been supporting Saints, and we'll look into having you prominently in one of the publications this season! Would only be a short phone call with me and we can work out a time between ourselves. 

Would be great to have some of you part of it this year. The P&B section of the Saints fanbase is an underappreciated group!