Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As our chairman is on the SPFL board would you all be unhappy if our chairman was in support of the SPFL's attempts to cancel the League 2 relegation playoff again? 

SPFL are trying to question the validity of the winners of a competition they do not run in a bid to protect Brechin. I really hope he is not supporting this action.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

As our chairman is on the SPFL board would you all be unhappy if our chairman was in support of the SPFL's attempts to cancel the League 2 relegation playoff again? 

SPFL are trying to question the validity of the winners of a competition they do not run in a bid to protect Brechin. I really hope he is not supporting this action.

On one hand Brechin trying to weasel their way out a well deserved relegation play off is deplorable.

On the other, watching shite plastic outfits like Kelty/Brora get denied the chance of promotion is brilliant. Worth remembering Kelty tried to bribe their way into League Two last Summer.

Ideally the play offs go ahead, and Brechin win them.

3 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Heard last night that potentially 4 or 5 deals pretty much done on players going out of contract. Expect some announcements over the next few days

It's interesting, if there is up to 5 players who're signing new deals that are out of contract in the summer, I'd hazard a guess at -

• Booth
  • May
  • Davidson
  • Gilmour
  • Sinclair

Not that they're the 5 I'd necessarily all want signed up, but I think they're the most likely right now. Gilmour looked to have a little bit about him and I doubt he'll be that expensive, it's also an area where we need cover at all times. Sinclair is the other wild card for me, he was highly rated at one point in his career and I think was doing alright at Cowdenbeath this season until Covid hit and he got injured, plus you always need a third choice keeper somewhere and I doubt he's expensive either.

Of the ones that I haven't mentioned, literally the only one I'd be upset about not agreeing something with would be Melamed and that's almost certainly not going to happen lets face it. I've made my peace with Tanser, Kane, O'Halloran, etc all leaving. I'd maybe give Conway another year as back up, but other than that it's extensions we realistically need to look at in the summer. 

It's interesting, if there is up to 5 players who're signing new deals that are out of contract in the summer, I'd hazard a guess at -
  • Booth
  • May
  • Davidson
  • Gilmour
  • Sinclair
Not that they're the 5 I'd necessarily all want signed up, but I think they're the most likely right now. Gilmour looked to have a little bit about him and I doubt he'll be that expensive, it's also an area where we need cover at all times. Sinclair is the other wild card for me, he was highly rated at one point in his career and I think was doing alright at Cowdenbeath this season until Covid hit and he got injured, plus you always need a third choice keeper somewhere and I doubt he's expensive either.
Of the ones that I haven't mentioned, literally the only one I'd be upset about not agreeing something with would be Melamed and that's almost certainly not going to happen lets face it. I've made my peace with Tanser, Kane, O'Halloran, etc all leaving. I'd maybe give Conway another year as back up, but other than that it's extensions we realistically need to look at in the summer. 
Think Kane will be staying tbh.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

• Booth
  • May
  • Davidson
  • Gilmour
  • Sinclair

Not so sure about May, just because of cost. Would love to see Guy sign up again, if for no other reason than I'd like to actually see him play other than on a screen. 

Agree that Kane is likely to be staying

It could be anyone other than Tanser and Melamed because it seems clear they're leaving and O'Halloran and Bryson have both said they've not got offers yet.

So Parish, Sinclair, Booth, Davidson, Gilmour, Conway, Kane, May - pick 5