Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

People get caught up in trying to be overly respectful and it ends up as patronising. If Davidson wants to get minutes into players, it should be in the Clyde match. 

The Bully Wee will have played 9 games in 20 days (they still have 4 games to play before they face us) before they arrive at McDiarmid and will be playing again the following Tuesday. They are still in the mix to avoid the bottom spots in League One. 

Even if you believe this would have been a tricky tie, it's made considerably less so by their schedule. There will be a Clyde players waking up this morning dreading having to play another game tonight and they've got to do that again on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday before pitching up at Perth against a fit full-time team. 

I'm not saying throwing Gilmour etc... in but equally, if players (e.g. Wotherspoon, McCann) need a rest, it should be in that match. 

Strongest team this weekend, rest against Clyde and midweek to Rangers, then back to strongest eleven for the quarter-final.

Impossible to disagree with that.

We want to get through in the cup but the idea that the strongest squad is required is ridiculous, and I say that noting that even the strongest squad could still lose to Clyde on a bad day.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So predictable.

Agent leaks story/makes up rumour of rival club and current club falls hook, line and sinker. 

I hadn't really commented on it other than how he'd fit in, but there was never really a part of me that thought it would be truthful. I wait to be proved wrong on this one of course. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So predictable.

Good shit. 

Honestly, Peter Pawlett winning a move from Dundee United to St. Johnstone was even more unbelievable than the rumours about Sunderland and Rangers being interested in Scott Tanser. Agents need to display a modicum  of realism at the very least.

41 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Good shit. 

Yeah, I had a look at the Dundee United forum  when his agent leeked the story and the response  was an almost universal  "Thank f**k " ..😅

8 hours ago, Radford said:

People get caught up in trying to be overly respectful and it ends up as patronising. If Davidson wants to get minutes into players, it should be in the Clyde match. 

The Bully Wee will have played 9 games in 20 days (they still have 4 games to play before they face us) before they arrive at McDiarmid and will be playing again the following Tuesday. They are still in the mix to avoid the bottom spots in League One. 

Even if you believe this would have been a tricky tie, it's made considerably less so by their schedule. There will be a Clyde players waking up this morning dreading having to play another game tonight and they've got to do that again on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday before pitching up at Perth against a fit full-time team. 

I'm not saying throwing Gilmour etc... in but equally, if players (e.g. Wotherspoon, McCann) need a rest, it should be in that match. 

Strongest team this weekend, rest against Clyde and midweek to Rangers, then back to strongest eleven for the quarter-final.

Especially so given we know who the QF opponents are. Even if we fucked it against Clyde I don’t think I anybody would be that bothered given the opposition in the next round - especially if we end up finishing fifth in the league.

Clive must wonder what the hell he is doing wrong. Leaking stories right, left and centre to try and get the offer he wants for his man but SB and KR won't budge.

Yet other agents quite happy to use Saints to further their client's needs.

Perth gadgies 

Looks like I’ll be in your fine city on the 14th June so hopefully things are back to normal by then so the Scotland game can be watched in the boozer

Anywhere you’d recommend?

When I’m in Perth I usually drink in the twa tams but it doesn’t strike me as a fitba pub 

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Perth gadgies 

Looks like I’ll be in your fine city on the 14th June so hopefully things are back to normal by then so the Scotland game can be watched in the boozer

When I’m in Perth I usually drink in the twa tams but it doesn’t strike me as a fitba pub 

Think it's maybe closed down now anyway tbh.

Zero idea what pubs have survived this except the Cherrybank Inn.

Cherrybank inn is talking of getting a large television for the car park for the game.

If that’s not your thing I’d suggest the Auld House, Sandeman, Foundry, King James for the football.

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So predictable.

The moment I spent more than 5 minutes looking into the signing etc., was the moment it was confirmed to not happen.

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Perth gadgies 

Caledonian is a great football pub 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think it's maybe closed down now anyway tbh.

Zero idea what pubs have survived this except the Cherrybank Inn.

What 😢

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cherrybank inn is talking of getting a large television for the car park for the game.

If that’s not your thing I’d suggest the Auld House, Sandeman, Foundry, King James for the football.

Auld House is a good shout, may go there, cheers 

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Caledonian is a great football pub 

That near the auld house?

That near the auld house?

It’s on the high street, just up from Blue Lagoon.

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What 😢

I'm sure they had a break in where a group smashed a lot of windows, and there was also an attempt at a fund raiser.

They're maybe still on the go tbh, just last I heard they were really struggling, and that was last year.

The Sandeman/ King James/ Foundry triangle is a good shout as they're within 100m of each other so if you're not happy with one you've got the other options nearby. 

Watched matches in all of them and all decent for doing so.

You've also got the cinema next door to the Foundry, so if we're 3 down after 10 minutes you can go watch Jaws in 3D with surround sound instead.