Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He spoke about players aged 18-23 being his "interest".

18-23 year olds that are talented enough and out of contract (or available for peanuts) to make a difference to St Johnstone are like hens teeth. Josh Edwards is the only one out of contract and you should check Dunfermline fans view of him. 😂

Perhaps one of the loanees such as Jonathan Afolabi or Euan Henderson. But again, neither are that good.

Perhaps, bold statement this, but he was just there to catch a live game.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Shaun Rooney was universally mocked by Dundee fans as shite when he signed for Saints. Half a season on the sidelines with Callum working his magic and he's winning trophies, being touted for international caps and ragdolling the premiership. 

I'll drop Cammy off myself if you think your manager can polish him and make him the top flight quality RB he promised to be about 8 year ago.

Given Clyde we’re also playing the other night, makes little sense to just casually catch a game unless he’s got a vetted reason to do so. 

Kyle Turner was the only para player I fancied us looking at and since he’s not even there at the minute who knows. Euan Murray I guess is a potential if we’re looking for a 4th choice centreback. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

18-23 year olds that are talented enough and out of contract (or available for peanuts) to make a difference to St Johnstone are like hens teeth.

Well yeah, that doesn't mean he shouldn't bother looking though.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, that doesn't mean he shouldn't bother looking though.

At a Dunfermline vs Dundee game? Probably shouldn't tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

At a Dunfermline vs Dundee game? Probably shouldn't tbh.

We're looking for back ups all across the defence, some huddy to come in and sit the bench every week is more than gettable from these two massive clubs.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're looking for back ups all across the defence, some huddy to come in and sit the bench every week is more than gettable from these two massive clubs.

I'd happily punt every single player in our backline. Feel free to pick any.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'd happily punt every single player in our backline. Feel free to pick any.

Well yeah, defenders looking shit in a constantly changing backline, in a shit team, generally don't look good.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, defenders looking shit in a constantly changing backline, in a shit team, generally don't look good.

Aye, because the likes of Cammy Kerr, Lee Ashcroft, Christie Elliott and a 35 year old Liam Fontaine are exactly what you should be looking at. None of which fit into the 18-23 bracket you just mentioned. Josh Edwards, as discussed is the only one that fits into that bracket from Dunfermline's backline.

We are going round in circles here. I've already suggested that Davidson was most likely there to take in a game of football rather than scouting potential signings.

If you want to think he was there for some defensive potential spotting from either ourselves or Dunfermline, crack on, we'd likely drive the player to Perth ourselves. The only talented defender out of the 2 teams is a player you've already dismissed as rubbish several times. 

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, because the likes of Cammy Kerr, Lee Ashcroft, Christie Elliott and a 36 year old Liam Fontaine are exactly what you should be looking at. 

We are going round in circles here. I've already suggested that Davidson was most likely there to take in a game of football rather than scouting potential signings.

If you want to think he was there for some defensive potential spotting from either ourselves or Dunfermline, crack on, we'd likely drive the player to Perth ourselves. The only talented defender out of the 2 teams is a player you've already dismissed as rubbish several times. 

Considering we, you know, looked at signing Ashcroft as a back up CB last Summer then yeah, I'd guess we'd at least he having a look at players like that.

Quite clearly we'll have no interest in most, but someone like Edwards is 20, has over 100 lower league appearances, and is a regular for a team in the top half of the division below. It would be negligent for our manager not to look at someone like that, regardless of what a bunch of fans convinced Comrie is the best young RB around think.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's a lad called Comrie that's been consistently good.

In all seriousness, he's probably at an age where he wants to keep playing first team football.

I doubt he'd be interested in joining us to sit on the bench most weeks.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering we, you know, looked at signing Ashcroft as a back up CB last Summer then yeah, I'd guess we'd at least he having a look at players like that.

Quite clearly we'll have no interest in most, but someone like Edwards is 20, has over 100 lower league appearances, and is a regular for a team in the top half of the division below. It would be negligent for our manager not to look at someone like that, regardless of what a bunch of fans convinced Comrie is the best young RB around think.

Edwards doesn't have 'over 100 lower league appearances'. He has closer to half that. Add in the three cups and he's still well below even 100 appearances.

Why do you insist on making things up?

Edwards doesn't have 'over 100 lower league appearances'. He has closer to half that. Add in the three cups and he's still well below even 100 appearances.

Why do you insist on making things up?

I looked at WyScout, which seems to have added games somewhere.

Transfermarkt has him at 87 games, by the end of the season he could just tickling 100 if they make the plays off and play 3 two legged games, plus the 3 remaining league games.

That is a profile of a player we should/will be at least looking at.

I had been told Cammy had an offer from a Premiership club and just sort of assumed it was Livingston. 

Fair play to him and his agent (and his lass) if he can get a move to the top league. Had a decent half a season 4 years ago and has lived off of it ever since with the "He's Dundee thru n thru" brigade. 

I think he'd be a lost cause. Not a particularly cheap one, either. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I had been told Cammy had an offer from a Premiership club and just sort of assumed it was Livingston. 

Fair play to him and his agent (and his lass) if he can get a move to the top league. Had a decent half a season 4 years ago and has lived off of it ever since with the "He's Dundee thru n thru" brigade. 

I think he'd be a lost cause. Not a particularly cheap one, either. 

I'd put his decent half season closer to about 7 year ago when he first broke through at the expense of Paul McGinn under Hartley. 

4 year ago now would be when Neil McCann was slotting him in at LB, and he and Hamilton were utterly atrocious, would it not?

Always thought he'd be destined for one of the Angus clubs at the end of this season. Fair play to him and his agent if he can stay full time.

I'd put his decent half season closer to about 7 year ago when he first broke through at the expense of Paul McGinn under Hartley. 

4 year ago now would be when Neil McCann was slotting him in at LB, and he and Hamilton were utterly atrocious, would it not?

:(

You've just made me realise I'm ancient. Yeah, it must have been about 7 years ago. What the fucking hell is he still doing at Dundee? Jesus suffering f**k, no wonder we are shite. 

Cammy Kerr is a very ‘us’ signing. Maybe there’s a player there or maybe he’s just pish but I imagine Callum would feel he could coach him into a good player or at least into being good enough to play backup to Rooney. Calum’s coaching with full backs has turned Rooney from avg championship player into one of our most effective players. Booth had been shite for years too but has been solid for us.

(Dees - can Kerr play CB or LB/LWB?)