Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

With these sorts of options I'm beginning to understand why Clark is still your first choice.

I'm sure the rumour mill had him getting a hefty wage at his last renewal (after 18/19, which coincidentally is when he fell off a cliff), so we've probably not been able to justify the wage on another keeper who would come in and be better I guess.

His contract expires after next season, so there'll be a decision to be made by club and player about what he's worth.

We've no choice with the first two, and the other 3 hardly feel like upgrades.
In Davidson we trust etc. etc., but I've this overwhelming dread we'll spend this Summer consolidating what we have, losing a key player or two, then suddenly discover in October our squad isn't as good as we thought it was.
So pretty much the same as you've felt for the last ten seasons then?

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Saints’ social media trolling the support with a video of Zander’s penalty save and the caption underneath ‘big players step up on the big occasions.’ 

😀😀

WTF! He caused the penalty! It was hardly some injustice.

What was he doing out there in the first place surely Liam Gordon would have been able to handle the situation on his own. Great penalty save though but it should never have been needed.
You can see Gordon give a "WTF" look after the penalty reward in the replay. Hopefully, sign a reliable keeper in the summer.

They'll be quite a few that will disagree but think losing Tanser weakens us too. Booth is fine but I think we've lost a bit in an attacking sense since Tanser dropped out the side.

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

You can see Gordon give a "WTF" look after the penalty reward in the replay. Hopefully, sign a reliable keeper in the summer.

They'll be quite a few that will disagree but think losing Tanser weakens us too. Booth is fine but I think we've lost a bit in an attacking sense since Tanser dropped out the side.

I genuinely want us to sign a winger to play at wing back, tbh.

It's a bit mad but if you have that, plus if we could somehow get Regan Hendry in Craig's position, suddenly we've got 4 players across the middle (those two plus Wotherspoon/Rooney) who are dangerous 1v1.

Matty Kennedy been playing wing back all season for Aberdeen, and is probably due to return as that's how these things work.

I genuinely want us to sign a winger to play at wing back, tbh.
It's a bit mad but if you have that, plus if we could somehow get Regan Hendry in Craig's position, suddenly we've got 4 players across the middle (those two plus Wotherspoon/Rooney) who are dangerous 1v1.
Matty Kennedy been playing wing back all season for Aberdeen, and is probably due to return as that's how these things work.
Seen a few sheep fans describing Matty as dead wood. May be a deal could be done involving him and Hendry with Aberdeen paying some of Matty's wages.

16 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Seen a few sheep fans describing Matty as dead wood. May be a deal could be done involving him and Hendry with Aberdeen paying some of Matty's wages.

Feels like it would be a certainty if TW was still in charge.

Zero idea what Davidson will do this Summer. Realistically his first real transfer window that's been planned for. Last Summer was a mess for everyone due to uncertainty, then January is hard.

I seriously can't believe what I'm reading 

Wanting rid of Zander is crazy and a case of be careful what you wish for

Someone to back Zander up is fair enough but wanting him replaced reeks of spoiled brats

We need to strengthen in other areas and re-signings.

19 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Someone to back Zander up is fair enough but wanting him replaced reeks of spoiled brats

Right you are, Mr Clark.

On 07/01/2021 at 21:48, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW Callum Wright seems a realistic, decent, option from Leicesters U23 squad. 20yo, 6ft, CM. Seems good on the ball but physically decent and wins headers, doesnt seem slow, no experience of the senior game out on loan yet, but played against Hull/Salford this season in their League Cup. They'll probably let him leave for senior football soon, and he probably wants that too.

FWIW this boy went out on loan to Cheltenham in the Winter window.

Cheltenham play 3-5-2 a lot, with him, and hes shown up as the best option this Summer as a sort of ball winner who can threaten in the final third.

More of a McCann/Davidson replacement than anything. Won't bore anyone with the figure showing it, but looks like he could offer something similar, but also different.

How is he on FM? @Widge 👀

2 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Not sure why you 'can't believe what you're reading' in terms of something which has been discussed extensively on P&B and WAP for months now.

2 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Did you see the game caller?