Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ending Rangers unbeaten season at McDiarmid, then clinching Europe in a head to head in the final game.

What a fucking season.

Yeah, there's every chance the last game of the season decides who gets the final European spot. I'm nervous.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You have yourself a deal, we don't want him back.

Didn’t say I want to keep him, only that he scored for us when someone said he was non-scoring for you. In my book that puts Derek McInnes ahead of Calum.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Didn’t say I want to keep him, only that he scored for us when someone said he was non-scoring for you. In my book that puts Derek McInnes ahead of Calum.

He has scored a goal for us this season.

Are we now going to compare Del and Callums records? I've seen both as manager of my club and I know which one I'd be choosing, it's not even close.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Brilliant news. 

Zero doubt we're a far better side with him in it. f**k knows how you replace him though.

I don’t think you can. On the pitch he’s excellent but the leadership and contribution off the pitch is just as important IMO. If anyone deserves to break Ando’s appearance record then it’s 100% Liam Craig. 

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Excellent to tie up the Ginger Prince in a playing capacity until the end of next season when he'll be promoted to the role of manager following Callum Davidson's big-money departure.

You’ve missed out Macca. Liam will be assistant, IMO  

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You’ve missed out Macca. Liam will be assistant, IMO  

Oh shiiiiit, of course. Liam in 2024 then (Guy Melamed as his assistant, ready to take the reins in 2026 with Chris Kane as his assistant).

Edited by The Real Saints

It's funny, 3/4 seasons ago I was bemoaning the fact that Liam Craig was playing games for us in the middle of the park, he was slow on the ball, ponderous moving forward and frankly in the role Wright had him playing he looked absolutely done. However, his transformation into an interception, don't cross the halfway line unless absolutely necessary sitting midfielder is testament to how good a tactical player he is. Legs have gone, but brain as sharp as ever. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong to say we should of punted Liam Craig 3 seasons ago, he's a changed man and well deserving of the record appearance moniker. We'll forget about that silly 2 season jaunt to Hibs, he missed out on a scottish cup medal as punishment. 

10 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I was told at the weekend that two deals had been extended so I guess they are staggering tbe announcements 

Sort of a shame they never waited a month for Craigs, by the looks of things, its almost 13 years since he signed his first permanent deal with the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/7355302.stm

It's that level of football knowledge that has Dons fans thinking they are a big club.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sort of a shame they never waited a month for Craigs, by the looks of things, its almost 13 years since he signed his first permanent deal with the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/7355302.stm

Incredible to think he played for us in two seasons when we were in what is now The Championship...Stevie May also played1 game as a kid in that second season 

14 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Incredible to think he played for us in two seasons when we were in what is now The Championship...Stevie May also played1 game as a kid in that second season 

Mad to think Craig was first choice left back for a while too 😂

I mind being at Mays debut. Missed the Morton game so somehow got taken to the Airdrie game to make up for it, not sure my dad was too happy. Remember the hype in my head about Stephen Reynolds and, I think, a young LB Lindsay? I've long forgotten how anyone played, apart from May lobbing the keeper from about the edge of the box. Who would know how his career would pan out.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

He has scored a goal for us this season.

Are we now going to compare Del and Callums records? I've seen both as manager of my club and I know which one I'd be choosing, it's not even close.

Ok. I’m having a laugh, and you’re not.

55 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It's that level of football knowledge that has Dons fans thinking they are a big club.

As I said to T H Tam, I’m having a laugh and you’re not.

So next season's team as things stand;

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Craig ?

Wotherspoon

Hendry ?

In terms of renewals, I hope Booth and Kane are near the top of the list. I'd like to remove Hendry from that starting 11 with the signing of one of the other strikers at the very least, but the spine of the side looks very strong.

Hendry could still come good again obviously, he's young enough and I think the shape suits him better now, but I think Melamed and May are more reliable.