Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’ve felt a tinge of sadness when any member of the 2014 squad has left, apart from MOH. I think the way he initially left gave me a sour taste in my mouth and I’ve never really forgiven him.
The guy was offered quadruple his wages. No-one would have turned it down.

15 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, mizfit said:
I’ve felt a tinge of sadness when any member of the 2014 squad has left, apart from MOH. I think the way he initially left gave me a sour taste in my mouth and I’ve never really forgiven him.

The guy was offered quadruple his wages. No-one would have turned it down.

Don't want to speak for mizfit, but I think he's referring to the manner of O'Halloran's departure – the head-turned, don't-want-to-play-anymore attitude – rather than the fact he left.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I'm not ITK in the slightest to just hope/guesswork.
Doubt Middleton has been signed to be 4th choice winger, Wotherspoon is 1st choice, and Conway has had a far better season than MOH. 
Don't think we need someone on MOHs wages as 4th choice, and doubt he'll be happy with that, so best for everyone if he leaves. 
Think you're right. Will MOH leave in this window though? Not sure if there will be any takers.

Don't want to speak for mizfit, but I think he's referring to the manner of O'Halloran's departure – the head-turned, don't-want-to-play-anymore attitude – rather than the fact he left.

That’s exactly what it was, always understand when a player leaves us for more money, and I don’t give a shit usually so long as they continue to play for the shirt such as Craig.

MOH stopped caring after the interest was declared.

Ohh yeah for the record, O'Halloran isn't going anywhere this window. The English leagues aren't looking up here currently and nows not the time to be moving across the border. There's nobody in Scotland who's going to match the wage he's on at saints based on his form. He's also another body that we know and can use when we need to, we're still light in that regards.

He's one to replace though next season and I've been saying that for months now.

So it seems we could be looking at 2 more signings, Charlie Gilmour and maybe one other.

I've been having a think and I don't actually know what position we could be looking to strengthen. We have a small squad but Davidson himself has said the player would have to be an upgrade on what we alreadyhave.

2 senior goalies

2 right backs/wing backs - Spoony/MOH/McCann can cover in an emergency

2 left backs/wing backs

3 centre backs - Rooney and Booth have both covered when one of the three is unavailable

5 central midfielders (if Gilmour signs) - Wotherspoon can cover in an emergency and has played at the peak of the diamond in the 5-3-2

4 wingers/attacking midfielders

4 strikers

Maybe another goalkeeper who can properly challenge Clark or a left sided centre back who can also cover the wing back position? Only other one that might be under consideration would be an attacking player who greatly improves on the options we already have.

I think we need attacking midfielder who can create something and pass between the lines. Where we find one of them I don't know, but ideally it's someone to take the pressure off Spoony in a creative sense as whilst he's been awesome this year, he needs help and Bryson, Craig, Davidson and to a lesser extent McCann aren't the creative types.

I wouldn't be against another striker to be honest, if we can get Hendry out on loan, then someone who can score goals would be most welcome. 

I'd quite like a left sided CM who can do a bit of everything tbh. 

I know I'm alone in thinking Davidson has been poor, and I'm not convinced Gilmour will be capable of playing every week this season. Craig, like Davidson, is still useful on occasions but arguably has weaknesses that mean he's not useful all the time.

If we could get Bryson out and sign someone around 24yo, who's got 100+ appearances in the EFL, who's struggled for games all season at their club and is out of contract in the Summer, who's sort of solid all round without standing out, I'd be happy.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd quite like a left sided CM who can do a bit of everything tbh. 

Speaking of which, I noticed Matt butcher scored for Accrington last night.

If only...

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know I'm alone in thinking Davidson has been poor

There was me thinking I was the only one too. 😅

He's becoming more and more limited in his ability on the ball with every year that passes.  

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I hope O'Halloran is down the middle with Kane as apposed to In behind in the 3. Pace could trouble their central defenders... And he's fucking lost playing in in behind. 

He's lost no matter where you play him, he's no positional awareness at all, never has!

41 minutes ago, Widge said:

He's lost no matter where you play him, he's no positional awareness at all, never has!

My feelings on him as well. Can't play any role that doesn't involve running down the line. 

We've been shite in possession. No midfield, full backs lumping nothing balls.

29 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

That was astonishingly bad. 

Season tickets going to be flying off the shelves next season. 

we might get to double figures for open play goals at home this season....? 

We’d need to score six more goals in, what six or seven matches? A tall ask given the ratio we’ve achieved so far this season.