Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As  much as McNamara did well for us. We look a better side with Rooney at wing back. 

Well done to him. 

First 30 mins one of the worst periods of the season. Second half was almost perfection. Imagine, just imagine if we could play like that every week. 

We'll maybe get that new signing now as well. 

EDIT: I did not know Shaun Rooney signed for York under Jackie M!!!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

26 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Why? Because I let a qualified coach pick his team,and watched it perform the way it can for 65 minutes?

Because it's part of the football discussion on a forum. 

People express their views, discuss and debate it etc. Not sure what could be gained by agitating towards anyone who questioned it or that thought differently from you. 

Many have reason to question the tactics. We've scored about 3 goals at home all season playing it as example.

If Hibs did take one or more of their first half chances I doubt you'd be saying the same as you are now. The fact he does have coaching badges didn't really have much to do with that. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Because it's part of the football discussion on a forum. 

People express their views, discuss and debate it etc. Not sure what could be gained by agitating towards anyone who questioned it or that thought differently from you. 

Many have reason to question the tactics. We've scored about 3 goals at home all season playing it as example.

If Hibs did take one or more of their first half chances I doubt you'd be saying the same as you are now. The fact he does have coaching badges didn't really have much to do with that. 

We weren’t at home,and it’s worked very well away from home,so he just guessed tactics,and never watched Hibs’sytsem ? Aye,very good 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

The interview with Muzz after the game is outstanding. He was fantastic yesterday, when Gogic went off him and Ali absolutely dominated and didn’t give them a sniff. I reckon Muzz will be a strong presence in the dressing room, Kerr growing into captaincy but it must massively help him having boys like Liam and Muzz in there supporting him.

I know many have twitter and can see the post for themselves but I'm sure there's a few who don't bother with it. Also it's an interesting subject to discuss? 

Well done Mr Wotherspoon. There's nothing that makes me happier as a Saints fan seeing a lad from Perth playing so many games for the club. Especially during such a consistent period for the club. 

who's your favourite on the list?

As a kid I grew up loving Alan Main. 

The season Chris Millar won all the awards I don't think I've seen a player for Saints produce such a consistent high level over a season. He was everywhere. 

I've seen 5 of their debuts I think, but I cant remember seeing Andersons so should probably only count 4, while Main was signed during my lifetime.

Makes me feel old, but I wonder if there's anyone who's seen all 10 debuts?

Think this is undoubtedly the greatest, sustained, period of the club ever.

When I was looking up the number of appearances for that list, was very surprised that Millar wasn't in the top 50 in the new book. Not sure Buck McGarry is there either, although can't be sure on that. I know there are factors other than longevity but harsh omission(s) IMO. Brian Doyle and Alastair Blair will have forgotten more about Saints than I've ever known though. 

Agree fully about Millar in 2014/15, an absolutely outstanding season. Maybe the best from any player over the decade?