Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Aye this.
Kane would swipe fresh air, pirouette, then crumple on the ground holding his ankle staring at the ref. Hendry would try and control it, take a shite touch and go knee high into the nearest defender. Melamed would misjudge the flight of the ball and be stood 10 yards away from where it lands, while May would be 5 yards behind the boy who played the pass.

Nine times out of ten Conway would be out of breath miles away but on the other time he’d bury it. Wotherspoon would hit it well and it would either go top corner or row Z. MOH would fresh air swipe. Liam Craig would bury it if it fell for his left foot. Murray Davidson would try to header it even though it’s near the ground. McCann - would probably bury it. Bryson wou.. ah f**k knows who cares

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Nine times out of ten Conway would be out of breath miles away but on the other time he’d bury it. Wotherspoon would hit it well and it would either go top corner or row Z. MOH would fresh air swipe. Liam Craig would bury it if it fell for his left foot. Murray Davidson would try to header it even though it’s near the ground. McCann - would probably bury it. Bryson wou.. ah f**k knows who cares

Conway would control it then pass it to the RWB to cross it. Wotherspoon would control it, get booed by the crowd then sclaff it. MOH would control it then run to the corner flag. Muzz/McCann you've nailed, and Bryson would let an opponent win the ball, wait until the pass it, then stamp on their calf.

See there’s reports that Tanser had turned down a new deal and is wanted by Sunderland and Barnsley. Fair play to the lad if that’s the case, take the big pay day. He’s been good for us, but definitely isn’t irreplaceable and Callum Booth is a more than capable stand in for now. I’d be hoping to upgrade on both in the summer to be honest and I actually rate Tanser. 

See there’s reports that Tanser had turned down a new deal and is wanted by Sunderland and Barnsley. Fair play to the lad if that’s the case, take the big pay day. He’s been good for us, but definitely isn’t irreplaceable and Callum Booth is a more than capable stand in for now. I’d be hoping to upgrade on both in the summer to be honest and I actually rate Tanser. 
Agree, he'd certainly be one I'd be definitely be happy about keeping along with Wotherspoon and Gordon.

Disappointed we'd lose him for nothing, but he's certainly improved since he arrived and you can't criticise him wanting to cash in on that.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 hours ago, Costanza said:
Another player tested positive for Covid, just confirmed on Twitter there

I bet who it is doesn't feel good !!!

:lol:

On the plus side, that almost guarantees a back 4 on Saturday. 

Tanser should get his offer reduced and be told it goes down by £100 every time his agent goes to the press.

Is Kerr available for Saturday? Davidson said only O'Halloran (suspended) was out. 

Back five of Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, McCart and one of the left backs. @Kyle

I assumed Kerr would still be self isolating, or he’d only just be back in training. 

I suppose it’s better to have your best players available if the manager won’t change the shape, so I’m torn on this one. A back 5 of MOH Rooney Gordon McCart Booth doesn’t sound like much fun though. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I assumed Kerr would still be self isolating, or he’d only just be back in training. 

I suppose it’s better to have your best players available if the manager won’t change the shape, so I’m torn on this one. A back 5 of MOH Rooney Gordon McCart Booth doesn’t sound like much fun though. 

MOH is suspended.

It'll still be a back five even if Kerrs/Brown/MOH all out, we'll play Bryson as a right wing back or something.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

See there’s reports that Tanser had turned down a new deal and is wanted by Sunderland and Barnsley. 

At least hes edging towards more realistic rumours than the Celtic/Rangers one last month 😂

It'll be Kilmarnock and St Mirren by March.

FWIW Callum Wright seems a realistic, decent, option from Leicesters U23 squad. 20yo, 6ft, CM. Seems good on the ball but physically decent and wins headers, doesnt seem slow, no experience of the senior game out on loan yet, but played against Hull/Salford this season in their League Cup. They'll probably let him leave for senior football soon, and he probably wants that too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1610059064.194829.jpg

This is beyond parody now.

Was just reading the very same thing and thinking very similarly. Has the previous articles worked though? Has Mr Melamed read them and thought "I'm going to prove you wrong?"

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1866028/brilliant-guy-melamed-impresses-st-johnstone-boss-callum-davidson/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Sign me up to the confused as f**k club please.

Circumstances have contrived against Melamed but his work ethic and strong mindset have impressed Davidson, who revealed that the 28-year-old can expect to see more action in the near future.

“He’s been brilliant in training,” said the Perth boss. “He’s eager and desperate to get a game. I’ll need to assess it and look at the squad and see where we are.

“Over the next couple of weeks it’s important I try and get him another game and see what he can do.

“I feel for him. It’s been a tough start, quarantining then trying to get him game-time and so on.

“I give him a lot of credit because he’s not stopped and he’s asking for extra.

Other than that, good to see Davidson talking about being happy if we shitfest a 1-0 win, and also the need to get more goals from defenders and midfield as well as the strikers.

9 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1610059064.194829.jpg

This is beyond parody now.

"I'm struggling to find a new club because you called me shite and lazy, can you help?"

To caveat what @PauloPerth said, Davidson also said:

"We’ve played a lot of good football and not got the rewards. So at this present moment we’ll find a way to get the result without deviating too much from how we want to play." 

When you then add this curious situation with Melamed, even as an ardent backer of the manager, he isn't helping himself. If Melamed gets a chance and does well, what a waste of three months.