Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 15/12/2020 at 07:44, RandomGuy. said:

Fwiw, if you're being harsh, we're probably 5/6 players away from being good enough to play the 5-2-3

For the sake of conversation, and moving away from today, the 5/6 players i don't think are good enough to play the 5-2-3 were Gordon, McNamara, Tanser, Davidson, Conway, May.

To me we'd sign a new LCB and move McCart to the middle (middle CB is your "playmaker", who can bring the ball into midfield, thats not Gordon), two new wing backs who can contribute both ways, a CM who can match McCanns ability to both defend and attack, but also good technically, a new winger with pace, and a ST whos capable of occupying defences himself.

All IMO of course, but I don't think we'll ever be consistent playing this set up until we improve those positions. Harsh as f**k probably but there you go.

31 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

On a lighter note... They're outraged and trying to get people to do something about them having to pay for the ppv 😂😂

They seemed annoyed Rangers aren't showing it, as if the away side has shown any game on PPV this season.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is what I tried to, badly, explain a while ago.

We weren't good post-January, Hendry was just scoring chances at a rate he had no right to do so. Really basic but he was worth about 6/7 extra points last season. Remove them and we would've been 10th. Thats this squads level and the *6th place finish last season was a bit of a red herring IMO.

I still think we'll be fine, and the 5-2-3 can work, but theres pretty major flaws with both the system, managers decisions, and the players just now, so you just can't rule out relegation.

Hopefully the Government money means we can start adding flesh back onto the club after stripping it bare this Summer due to "uncertainty". We're still 5/6 short on quality.

What happened to the 2 million you supposedly had in the bank ? 

Any Premiership club taking out a government loan needs to seriously look at their day to day running. 

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

What happened to the 2 million you supposedly had in the bank ? 

Any Premiership club taking out a government loan needs to seriously look at their day to day running. 

Its still there I imagine, in some shape or form.

We went from a mid-table budget last season, to having the smallest squad in the league this season, as we refused to gamble on fans coming back this season, and refused to gamble on funding becoming available. The knowledge that the funding is there, if needed, provides a safety net that should allow the club to not act like absolute fannies and try and help the manager out in January.

I'm not suggesting we take the money to spend on transfer etc., just that we no longer need to store every penny away incase funding never arrived.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Wasted on wages for the 35 & 34 year old pensioners Davidson's signed 😂

Having 0 scouts, a budget lower than some 3rd tier sides, and being told you're only allowed about 20 outfield players, probably influenced his signings.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Having 0 scouts, a budget lower than some 3rd tier sides, and being told you're only allowed about 20 outfield players, probably influenced his signings.

What a load of tosh.  Evidence?

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

What a load of tosh.  Evidence?

It was meant in terms of what was available to spend this Summer on players, before you start firing out that daft "average wage" article.

The manager got almost nothing to spend.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was meant in terms of what was available to spend this Summer on players, before you start firing out that daft "average wage" article.

The manager got almost nothing to spend.

Tosh. 

History shows your team has had a bigger budget than Hamilton, Livingston and St Mirren. Who are these 3rd tier teams you refer to?

Tosh. 

History shows your team has had a bigger budget than Hamilton, Livingston and St Mirren. Who are these 3rd tier teams you refer to?

*sighs*

It was meant in terms of what was spent in the Summer window. 

Falkirk spent more than St Johnstone this Summer.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

*sighs*

It was meant in terms of what was spent in the Summer window. 

Falkirk spent more than St Johnstone this Summer.

Is that the best you have got? What evidence? What other 3rd tier teams? You stated others....

The wages you pay far exceed what Falkirk can pay. Tally up the costs of your first team squad on your abacus and try formulate a better argument. Face it you are underachieving. 

The wages you pay far exceed what Falkirk can pay. Tally up the costs of your first team squad on your abacus and try formulate a better argument. 

You clearly can't read, as I've stated twice thats not what I'm saying, but thats fine. I'll just end this here.

6 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Including wages?

We apparently pay next to nothing for McNamara, Bryson and Melamed are on really basic deals topped up with bonuses, and Conway is on less than Drey Wright was.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You clearly can't read, as I've stated twice thats not what I'm saying, but thats fine. I'll just end this here.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are you really trying to say ?

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

What are you really trying to say ?

That our budget in the Summer was lower than some 3rd tier sides?

Its quite clear I was talking about the Summer seeing as I was referencing a managers signings in the only window he's ever had. Not my fault you can't understand that.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

That our budget in the Summer was lower than some 3rd tier sides?

Its quite clear I was talking about the Summer seeing as I was referencing a managers signings in the only window he's ever had. Not my fault you can't understand that.

So not wages then ?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You clearly can’t handle your drink. It’s the only excuse you must have for posting so much shite.