Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

38 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Ghostie is one weird,angry dinner lady.

Remembered a story by Danny Griffin. At a Football Fans in Training event in Dunfermline Ghostie threw a massive strop and tried to walk back to Perth😁

Which one of his 34 attempts at football fans at training was that on? 

Can imagine Danny was less than facilitating for the strop either. 

Some of the argument seems to be that they bought season tickets on the understanding that fans would be back by September. So because of this has not happened Saints should give them something for having to purchase a ticket

Well...

A) that was never a guarantee and very optimistic at best

B) it was clearly stated that these games were not included

C) if fans were back it was still stated these games are not included. So you would be paying anyway (not sure what the prices were last year but poss ~ £15 quid?)

I know times are hard for a lot of people but times have been hard for others before. I used to be home and away for years, then 'austerity' hit pay was frozen. Decisions had to be made the away games went, and Scottish cup games as it was all I could do to get the season ticket.

You have to think what you would be doing if everything was normal. I suspect taking away the League cup games like the Scottish cup games was on the horizon anyway regardless of COVID given its a 50/50 cash gate it was not sustainable.  The rights and wrongs of that are another, ongoing debate... 

Actually having PPV has allowed me to be a home and away fan again (much cheaper when travel is factored in) and I kinda hope it continues as an option, which is part of the reason people supplying free streams for away games does not sit quite right with me. If they see folks ripping the arse out of it it won't even be considered an option. But that again is another debate.

I was always totally against legal streaming of live games but this period has changed my stance of sorts and would be interested to see the impact of initially allowing games that aren't scheduled for the standard Saturday (and obviously TV companies would embargo their live games) to be streamed. 

I say that as there is no way I'd give up live football for the alternative and now wonder if it would actually have net negative impact on attendances (ergo gate receipts) at all? 

23 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I kinda hope it continues as an option, which is part of the reason people supplying free streams for away games does not sit quite right with me. If they see folks ripping the arse out of it it won't even be considered an option. But that again is another debate.

The majority of premiership games are available in hooky streams and have been for over a year now. You just need to know where to look/get them.

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The majority of premiership games are available in hooky streams and have been for over a year now. You just need to know where to look/get them.

This is true and I can't say I have not done so in the past as it was the only option. 

Seems strange to say however, if I can afford to pay I would rather do that. 8/10 it's a better quality and more reliable and the money stays in Scottish football

Essentially if PPV is not an option, they are not gaining anything from me, I would probably look for the hooky stream again as I won't be at any away games. If the option continues then they will get money out of me when it's available.

36 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Seems strange to say however, if I can afford to pay I would rather do that. 8/10 it's a better quality and more reliable and the money stays in Scottish football 

I do as well with Saints games. Away games? Depends on the club tbh Quality of streams available? Na, the packages you get nowadays for one off/yearly subscription are as good as watching from the providers. 

As an aside we were talking about this at work on Wednesday and out of the 9 guys at the meeting all 9 had a form of the streaming apps on their firestick or equivalent. Basically every channel in Europe and North America as well as loads of others across the world for between £40-100 a year? It's a no brainer tbh.

Edit: there were 5 folk from Dundee,  1 from Perth,  and the rest were from greater Glasgow and we all had different versions apart from 3 from Dundee, there are absolutely loads of these things available. If it gets it right up Sky I'm all for it.

Edited by tree house tam

Anyone else quite pleased that saints players get overlooked for Scotland squads right now?

I mean if Porteous, Hanlon, McGinn and Considine all get called up, then it's not ability that's preventing Jason Kerr from making a squad. However, I'd much rather he's at home right now and not travelling places thus increasing the chances of his catching Covid! Given we've such a small senior squad, that's a risk we can definitely do without. 

Anyone else quite pleased that saints players get overlooked for Scotland squads right now?
I mean if Porteous, Hanlon, McGinn and Considine all get called up, then it's not ability that's preventing Jason Kerr from making a squad. However, I'd much rather he's at home right now and not travelling places thus increasing the chances of his catching Covid! Given we've such a small senior squad, that's a risk we can definitely do without. 

We’ve been overlooked for years and one of the reasons I wouldn’t open the curtains if they were playing in my back garden.

16 hours ago, Widge said:

Short term is good, long term its bad.

Seem folk talking about Hackett being next in line on Twitter, but no idea where that's come from.

If true then we'll never get a player capped again.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Short term is good, long term its bad.

Seem folk talking about Hackett being next in line on Twitter, but no idea where that's come from.

If true then we'll never get a player capped again.

I get that long term it's not ideal for Kerr as a sellable commodity; however if he can stay at home and not miss 2/3 games then that's better for us now.

Think Halkett is  purely being linked based on Neilson saying he should be getting in the squad in an interview, if he gets called up then you're as well seeing if Kerr has any Irish heritage as the chances of ever getting an international cap are virtually zero.