Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

My interpretation of that would be that it's PPV for the home games. 

Hopefully not £17.50 though 😬

----

Robertson away to Forfar on loan.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Hearing Olaofe away back to Millwall

You know what, if he's not showing enough in training or indeed talent to get in the team, then I'm not sad about this. No point in hanging onto a player on the off chance he gets on the pitch at some point. Especially if we can put the wage to better use elsewhere, as it stands we're paying money to Millwall for absolutely no reason. 

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Hearing Olaofe away back to Millwall

Now confirmed by the club. 

Would've hoped Robertson was too good for Forfar. Guess this is his opportunity to prove he is. 

Imagine if Olaofe had scored v Rangers. Would potentially still be here. 

Is there any indication at all that were actually after another one on top of striking target?

I'm all for having the squad options but if Olaofe wasn't going to play regardless, despite us being allowed to have 9 on bench there's still no point in him being here. 

Fair play to Davidson, pretty decisive in his dealings the past couple of days. No point hanging onto players if he doesn't think they're good enough to play.

Squad number is absolute minimum though, he must be hoping to bring a couple of players in you'd imagine..

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is there any indication at all that were actually after another one on top of striking target?

I'm all for having the squad options but if Olaofe wasn't going to play regardless, despite us being allowed to have 9 on bench there's still no point in him being here. 

Sounds like nobody else has been targeted. 

Absolutely mental.

Clark, Parish

Booth, Tanser, McNamara, Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, McCart

Davidson, McCann, Craig, Bryson, Conway, Wotherspoon, O'Halloran

May, Hendry, Kane

Thats 19. Add Steven Maclean as a refistered player and we're on 20 before any new signings come in.  Unless I've missed any..

Money just obviously isn't there. 

Although the way the likes of Livi and co are spending. If we can ride this period out we could be in a strong position post covid compared to others as we've not taken the same risks. 

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark, Parish

Booth, Tanser, McNamara, Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, McCart

Davidson, McCann, Craig, Bryson, Conway, Wotherspoon, O'Halloran

May, Hendry, Kane

Thats 19. Add Steven Maclean as a refistered player and we're on 20 before any new signings come in.  Unless I've missed any..

I don't think you can count MacLean tbh. 

Add Melamed and we have 18 outfield players, with genuine concerns that one might spend the majority of the time injured, and another is playing in the UK for the first ever time.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've got ourselves a good old fashioned face off between journalists I think. 

One saying Melamed and no more, the other saying two signings.

My bet? No signings. Melamed deal falls through, we get told there's "plenty of quality in the free agent market".

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think you can count MacLean tbh. 

Add Melamed and we have 18 outfield players, with genuine concerns that one might spend the majority of the time injured, and another is playing in the UK for the first ever time.

There's more than 1 with an injury habit. 

Booth struggling and not for the first time.

Muzz doesn't get injured easily but when he does he does it properly. Also if we do end up with some winter/covid call offs games will be 3 a week to catch up and most of our midfield won't be capable of playing that many games in such a short period. 

It is tight.  But there's not many passengers in that squad is one positive.

I don't think it's a choice the manager would have gone for, obviously the board just don't want to gamble with the club's future when it could be a year before we get anywhere near back to normal income.

Far from ideal, but understandable.

My feeling was we were waiting for free agents all window. Hoping that players wed normally have no chance of to become desperate may be a risk.

I think Dundee Utd were similar tbf.

6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

My feeling was we were waiting for free agents all window. Hoping that players wed normally have no chance of to become desperate may be a risk.

I think Dundee Utd were similar tbf.

100% agree that is the approach taken. Covid combined with lower league wage caps in England we hoped we'd get a few desperate for a club.