Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've got ourselves a good old fashioned face off between journalists I think. 

One saying Melamed and no more, the other saying two signings.

My bet? No signings. Melamed deal falls through, we get told there's "plenty of quality in the free agent market".

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think you can count MacLean tbh. 

Add Melamed and we have 18 outfield players, with genuine concerns that one might spend the majority of the time injured, and another is playing in the UK for the first ever time.

There's more than 1 with an injury habit. 

Booth struggling and not for the first time.

Muzz doesn't get injured easily but when he does he does it properly. Also if we do end up with some winter/covid call offs games will be 3 a week to catch up and most of our midfield won't be capable of playing that many games in such a short period. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

It is tight.  But there's not many passengers in that squad is one positive.

I don't think it's a choice the manager would have gone for, obviously the board just don't want to gamble with the club's future when it could be a year before we get anywhere near back to normal income.

Far from ideal, but understandable.

6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

My feeling was we were waiting for free agents all window. Hoping that players wed normally have no chance of to become desperate may be a risk.

I think Dundee Utd were similar tbf.

100% agree that is the approach taken. Covid combined with lower league wage caps in England we hoped we'd get a few desperate for a club. 

Imagine he'll sign for some non-entity EFL side none of us had any idea existed, bag about 7 goals all season then move to Brentford for £7m.

Farewell Tanto, we hardly knew ye. 

I'm hoping that this radio silence is so that we can release the news of a baller attacking centre-mid that nobody say coming at the same time as Guy, and it's taking a while for Ross to craft the press release and edit the big-budget welcome video. 

Alternatively, bugger all is happening today. 

BTW anyone else thinking that Kelty Hearts away has banana skin written all over it?

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

A 1 year deal is a joke. Unless we have the option of another year what is the point? 

That he scores goals and helps us climb the league? I would have thought the point is clear.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

A 1 year deal is a joke. Unless we have the option of another year what is the point? 

Fucking hell.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Haha love it. Can't take enjoyment from anything.

We’ve just lost Drey Wright for nothing and Kennedy for for little because their contracts ran down. Surely with a signing like this who has potential it would be sensible for the club to have an option of another year

The problem isn't a one-year deal, it's how quickly Saints move to protect their asset if he hits the ground running. 

But that's for another day.

Really excited about this guy and hope he lives up to the expectations. Let's be honest, with real quality like Scotland and Sandaza, you know within a few minutes if they are the real deal or not and fingers crossed that Melamed makes that sort of instant impression.