Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The idea that a man who had been beaten by a team from Belarus and Armenia in the 4 years prior is going to be taking any tie lightly in Europe is obviously well wide off the mark. 

Have to agree with this which is an excellent observation. The story might have had some air plausibility if it had been Tommy's first rodeo. It wasn't. 

Sounds more like some attempt at motivation taken out of context. 

Just think, in all alternative world, you picked the team to beat Alashkert whilst Tommy Wright sat at home in Ballyclare with his Pot Noodles putting the world to rights.
I thought the manager did as much as he could in Europe with everything (resources, injures, timing etc...) taken into account. Saints watched Trakai in person but it was a cup game they won 8-0 against a gang and possibly with a much-changed team. Again going off memory but I think TW himself managed to watch three full games on video. 
It could be that he didn't want to overload the players with information as was trying to instill a confidence in them? The idea he didn't think they were good certainly doesn't tally with how complimentary he was about them. 
I think Cummins loses credibility with the stuff about training. Maybe [mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention] can confirm but I was always under the impression it was pretty much set in stone that they trained in Perth on Monday and Friday and Stirling on Tuesday and Wednesday/Thursday?
You are correct. Only real change to it was if we had opponents who were plastic pitches then extra time was spent in Perth on the astro.

12 hours ago, Radford said:

Folk giving credence to a man who zipped a tracksuit top to his eyelid. 

Maybe Graham should look closer to home for the reason we failed to beat Trakai. 

JS124175468.jpg.3550d2e3477385838a4ff0fcf3bbff32.jpg

Son and me in Ormond stand that night, jumped up to celebrate and could not believe he missed, not the only time either. Just zippit Cummins.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, The Saintee said:
That particular set up was due to injuries though.

Correct. RandomGuy has selective memory on some matters.

I actually bumped into Macca in St Andrews a day or two before the game and asked him if any signings were imminent. He said that he didn't know but hoped so because " we've no midfielders fit".

Edited by The Saintee

On 24/09/2020 at 08:57, Radford said:

GK: Clark, Parish, Sinclair.
RB: Duffy, McNamara, Rooney.
LB: Tanser, Booth.
CB: McCart, Kerr, Gordon, Duffy, (Rooney), (Booth).
CM: Davidson, Wotherspoon, Bryson, McCann, Craig.
AM/W: Conway, Wotherspoon, O'Halloran.
FW: Kane, O'Halloran, May, Olaofe, Robertson, Hendry.

Can score Sinclair off the list, away to Cowdenbeath on loan.

6 minutes ago, CrieffSaint said:

IMG_9415.jpg

Can anyone explain the order of this team sheet? I’m surely not the only one this annoys

Its impossible to find logic in something that was created without any.

Just now, CrieffSaint said:

Did the media guy get punted? Seems to have gone back to being very amateurish

Someone said that Gary Henderson was gone, and I think he ran most of that stuff, so aye.