Jump to content
Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

There's a potential that it could happen?

Considering he's had a serious ankle problem that ended his Derby career, and severely stunted his Aberdeen career, you'll have to ask questions if its not brought up as an issue, but I daresay if they've reached this stage its likely something they'll overlook in the hope they can keep him fit.

Not a fan of this move at all, but theres potential in him to take McCanns current role and allow McCann forward again. Struggling to really see what he brings that we don't already have with Craig/Davidson though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s face it he’s going to be an option off the bench and probably not start that many games of Murray and McCann stay fit. Maybe suggests Liam is struggling a bit now and is looking to take a step back at the end of his 6 month deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other matters, I should probably start my own version of StandFrees "seethe society". I've begun to transcend this site.

Delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryson left Aberdeen because he wants the games he was no longer guaranteed to play. If he goes to Perth, I suspect he'll expect to play most games (if ever fit enough to, of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Bryson left Aberdeen because he wants the games he was no longer guaranteed to play. If he goes to Perth, I suspect he'll expect to play most games (if ever fit enough to, of course)

Hes not played in over 5 consecutive games since September/October 2018 due to injuries, so I'd say the chances of him playing most games for us seems slim.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Let’s face it he’s going to be an option off the bench and probably not start that many games of Murray and McCann stay fit. Maybe suggests Liam is struggling a bit now and is looking to take a step back at the end of his 6 month deal.

Liam is 33!!!!!

And been one of our most consistent players in the last 12 months.

Why would he be looking to take a step back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not played in over 5 consecutive games since September/October 2018 due to injuries, so I'd say the chances of him playing most games for us seems slim.

I have  this idea that Bryson was injured against Saints  first time around, then got injured again in the Muzz red card incident on his first return back? He  could be thinking that if he signs for Saints  he cuts the odds on getting injured!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not played in over 5 consecutive games since September/October 2018 due to injuries, so I'd say the chances of him playing most games for us seems slim.

Quite a damning reflection on his recent record. Could be used as a support for Craig while Davidson is injured but from what I've seen, Bryson isn't nearly as mobile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Liam is 33!!!!!

 

Hes also younger than Bryson, with less injury issues. Not sure why Craig would need to step back to make way for Bryson, when Craig is more likely to play.

10 minutes ago, Center half said:

I have  this idea that Bryson was injured against Saints  first time around, then got injured again in the Muzz red card incident on his first return back? He  could be thinking that if he signs for Saints  he cuts the odds on getting injured!   

Was injured when he joined Aberdeen, had a few appearances and then injured at McDiarmid. 

Just 3 months ago he was talking about how his ankle just completely gave up when playing a pass. He then adds he's rushed back and made it worse, and goes into detail about how multiple different injections and even a surgery didn't sort it. He never actually says he's over it.

Obviously be nice if hes over these issues, but they've dogged him for 2 years now with his spells out getting longer every time.

1 minute ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Quite a damning reflection on his recent record. Could be used as a support for Craig while Davidson is injured but from what I've seen, Bryson isn't nearly as mobile

Not sure what type of midfielder Bryson is now. Doesnt get forward, doesn't win many tackles. Completes a lot of lateral passes but that's really it. 

Suspect we'll end up dropping Conway for him and going with Davidson, Bryson and McCann as the starters, and back to a genuine front two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes also younger than Bryson, with less injury issues. Not sure why Craig would need to step back to make way for Bryson, when Craig is more likely to play.

Was injured when he joined Aberdeen, had a few appearances and then injured at McDiarmid. 

Just 3 months ago he was talking about how his ankle just completely gave up when playing a pass. He then adds he's rushed back and made it worse, and goes into detail about how multiple different injections and even a surgery didn't sort it. He never actually says he's over it.

Obviously be nice if hes over these issues, but they've dogged him for 2 years now with his spells out getting longer every time.

Not sure what type of midfielder Bryson is now. Doesnt get forward, doesn't win many tackles. Completes a lot of lateral passes but that's really it. 

Suspect we'll end up dropping Conway for him and going with Davidson, Bryson and McCann as the starters, and back to a genuine front two.

If, in theory, this ended up with us playing:

Bryson, Davidson

——McCann——

May, Hendry

would that be a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure what type of midfielder Bryson is now. Doesnt get forward, doesn't win many tackles. Completes a lot of lateral passes but that's really it. 

Suspect we'll end up dropping Conway for him and going with Davidson, Bryson and McCann as the starters, and back to a genuine front two.

Never really had the opportunity to show what sort of midfielder he is at Aberdeen. Whatever it was, it wasn't better than what we have now.

I actually forgot about Conway! You don't need another old horse in there.

If he does sign. I predict he'll be around until the end of the season then end up jobbing around the lower leagues. Probably end up back at Clyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 19:14, Radford said:

Craig Conway Bryson would be a great signing. 

If it was 2010.

FTFY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If, in theory, this ended up with us playing:

Bryson, Davidson

——McCann——

May, Hendry

would that be a bad thing?

Its the only single positive of the deal, that it might allow McCann forward again.

Still not convinced we couldn't have got a younger, less injury prone, CM to do the exact same though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...