Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Dare I say there was maybe a place for Callaghan in this squad??

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 hours ago, Radford said:

My concern with our transfer business is that it isn't progressing the club. The loans will be gone in the summer and Conway and Bryson, the most you are doing is milking

short term to see us through COVID 

Edited by THE FAT MAN

I've never understood the desire to have Callachan in our team/squad from a decent size section of our support. He was rubbish. Lots of heart and running about but a complete absence of footballing ability.

Will now score against us in a couple of weeks obviously...

22 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I've never understood the desire to have Callachan in our team/squad from a decent size section of our support. He was rubbish. Lots of heart and running about but a complete absence of footballing ability.

Who was better. Paton or Callahan? 

39 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

You need a 'spoiler' type player in your team otherwise you just get overrun. It obviously helps if he has some ability. Callachan in his limited outings with us at a lower level looked effective in that role. Do you have anyone currently doing that for you? If so, then it was the right choice to punt.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You need a 'spoiler' type player in your team otherwise you just get overrun. It obviously helps if he has some ability. Callachan in his limited outings with us at a lower level looked effective in that role. Do you have anyone currently doing that for you? If so, then it was the right choice to punt.

We've got a dog to run about and "pressure" opposition players, and we're marginally better off than when we had Callachan as sometimes the dog actually wins the ball.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yes, Ali McCann is pretty much a one man midfield who does everything anyway!

I didn't mind Callachan, he was technically poor, but he at least gave his all, rather that than another Goss who just didn't care. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've got a dog to run about and "pressure" opposition players, and we're marginally better off than when we had Callachan as sometimes the dog actually wins the ball.

Harsh on Murray Davidson tbf.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Harsh on Murray Davidson tbf.

I used to think Davidson was shite on the ball until I seen Callachan tbh.

He had one good game, away at Dens where he was superb, but apart from that he offered absolutely nothing apart from "effort".

You needed to play a defensive midfielder beside him as he'd get caught out of position so much, yet you also had to play an attacking player beside him because he couldn't pass the ball consistently. 

It brings joy to my heart that I no longer need to watch Ross Callachan or Paul Paton in our midfield. 

Edited by Radford

Far happier about the rumour from a Dundee fan that we're after Shaun Byrne tbh.

Have him over Bryson every day of the week.

23 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd been told you'd enquired about Shaun Byrne but I am very sceptical about it. He's basically just Liam Craig. 

Looks like Motherwell are going to beat us to Byrne. Strange for them to sign a player we're interested in........

From The Courier today.

Screenshot_20200916-073532_Chrome.thumb.jpg.49a87168c149cbb200e876b73a03a441.jpg

Sounds like there's a chance we "miss out" on Bryson, which would be devastating. 

34 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Looks like Motherwell are going to beat us to Byrne. Strange for them to sign a player we're interested in........

With their tiny budget as well. Very strange.

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

With their tiny budget as well. Very strange.

Tbf with the sale of Turnbull, plus a sell on for Kipre, they're probably not far off £3m in fees coming in this window.

Remarkable what buying young players, playing them, promoting them, getting them on long deals and then selling them can do for a club.

Looked like a route we were heading down last season, but we'd likely replace Jason Kerr with Gary Caldwell now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 hours ago, Radford said:

It brings joy to my heart that I no longer need to watch Ross Callqchan or Paul Paton in our midfield. 

That game against Trakai should've seen the end of Paul Paton at Saints. Their players just waited for him to get the ball and would just take it away from him after his inevitably shite first touch. They sussed him after 5 minutes in the home game and it happened countless times.

Callachan was no better, possibly even worse.