Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

29 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

So is today's game on saints TV International or just on killies paid channel? 

I've just signed up for international monthly and its not clear from the site whether it will be played. 

Screenshot_20200815-075505_Chrome.jpg.a5f23453fdd57b08b331ab64fac06e3c.jpg

From the match preview.

You'll need a VPN though I imagine, as its geoblocked. Even then that wasn't enough against Rangers. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the match preview.

You'll need a VPN though I imagine, as its geoblocked. Even then that wasn't enough against Rangers. 

I'm paying Killie for this one, but if someone can report back on whether the VPN option is working for either UK or International that would be most welcome. 

7 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

May Doubtful 

Kane And Davidson definitely out

Robertson Doubtful 

Is there any detail on what these injuries are and when they might be back. Tommy was (usually) pretty good on that front and would tell fans in his pre-matches about what was happening with injuries, with the odd bit of misinformation. Davidson seems much more tight-lipped in general.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the match preview.

VPN worked on international for me for the Rangers game.

Is there any detail on what these injuries are and when they might be back. Tommy was (usually) pretty good on that front and would tell fans in his pre-matches about what was happening with injuries, with the odd bit of misinformation. Davidson seems much more tight-lipped in general.
Just being overally careful with all them. If you asked the players they would have probably played midweek but with a crammed fixture list, the manager playing their recovery careful ( exception Zander who is going to be a little longer)

6 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Did the saints TV suffer same issues as killie stream? Tempted to shell out another 60 rather than waste 13 quid on that nonsense again.

Yeah same issues but must have been Killie pictures.  Wednesday was perfect.

31 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Michael O’Halloran is some boy, he’s the only player in our squad, or on the pitch, who’d have scored that tonight.

To make a sixty yard sprint on the off chance that Findlay plays a loose back pass in the 94th minute is just brilliant commitment. Great response to his red card. 

66B188D3-9D3C-47D9-8B8B-571E599680A5.jpeg

Agree he's the only one that would have made that run, and been able to make that run, and that he's made up for the red card stupidity. 

But don't pretend you weren't shitting  it when he was forcing it back onto his good foot and the defender was closing in .... 

I was quite impressed by his post match interview. Think he's been on a media training course. 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If the commentary wasn’t two seconds ahead I would have been! Scenes in the living room before the ball had even hit the net! 

Had Hearts away last year written all over it though, almost identical chance! 

Yes! Maybe a couple of bad juju moments put to rest today. 

BTW my audio was all over the place today as well, until I realised I was playing phone audio and chromecast video. Muted the phone and all good (except the drop outs and freezes). 

16 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

David Wotherspoon as well. Him scoring, running to get the ball and roaring at Liam to stop celebrating and get on with it. He dragged us out of our rut last year, and he’s started this year in the same vein. 

No matter your definition of legend, he meets it. 

6992D454-9681-4B0A-A392-AF09572076A4.jpeg

Absolute hero. He’s our most productive player by a mile - his haters are baffling. 

Edited by Kyle

Watching the highlights on a better picture, Rooney's decision making to let it run in the first half looks even worse, as does McGowans play for the equaliser.

Kind of expected that the pundits would focus on the poor back pass, but the first showing of it with more of the park in shot shows how brilliant the anticipation was from OHalloran.

The pace to get there, then to take a soft enough touch to just take it past the charging goalkeeper without knocking it too far, to compose yourself and finish with defenders closing down... The whole thing was a class piece of play by Mikey.

Another positive is how hungry for goals Callum Hendry is.  He doesn't always make the right decision, but he had five or six attempts at goal today, and played a part in ruffling up the Killie defence for our equaliser.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

He’s our most productive player by a mile.

Having looked at the numbers, Chris Kane was actually our best player last season in terms of creating chances...